Ephemeral Moments

Start from the beginning

"I'll use the restroom for a minute." Singapore said, heading to the bathroom.

I was left alone with China in this room. 

The noises from outside of the room triggered my senses. I sat on the chair waiting for Singa to come back.

"Malaysia, it's been a long time I've seen you. You look... different." China said, interrupting the odd silence. 

"I'm not different, China. I am still the same." I said calmly.

"You don't have any problems to share?" China asked. 

"No, no. Saya tidak mempunyai sebarang masalah..." I lied.

You're full of skeptical lies, no wonder everyone believes you.

You do have a problem.

You really can't say it right?

You possessed piece of shit.

"I'm back, is it serious?" Singapore said, returning to his seat next to me. 

"No no, we had a little chat. You may collect the meds from the counter. Goodbye you two!" China said. 

"Goodbye," Singa said. "Mal are you feeling better?"

"Yeah, but it still hurts." I said.

*after collecting the meds*

"Let's head home shall we?" Singapore said, opening the car door for me.

"Thanks," I said. "Let's go home." 

(Back at home)

(No one pov)

"Everyone finished their dinner?" Phil asked. "E.M?"

E.M heard his name and he replied, "I haven't finished yet."

"Still waiting?" Phil asked again.

The tension was slowly building up.

"Yeah, I'm kind of worried." E.M said, scooping all the food and chugged it down his throat.

"About what? Everything will be fine E.M just be patient." Indo said, reassuring E.M.

(🌺's POV)

"About what? Everything will be fine E.M just be patient." Indo said, reassuring me.

Just hearing him say that didn't make me feel better. Instead my fake smile turned to a frown as I got up from the dinner table and accidentally dropped my plate. The plate cracked when I dropped it. 

"Oh! how silly of me, I'll clean this up." I said, grabbing a towel and was about to wipe my mess until...

Or are you?

Indo suddenly grabbed my hand and we both wiped the mess. When our eyes met, we turned away from each other and then he let go of my hand. He blushed five shades of pink, but I ignored him. 

"Uhm, Indo? What's wrong with you?" I said, my soul returning to the real world.

"What's wrong with me? I just helped you clean your mess. The plate is broken and there is no way we can fix this. We'll just throw it away." Indo said, getting a broom from nowhere and sweeping the shattered pieces and throwing them in the dustbin. 

"Hmm, I guess we should. Besides Mal won't get angry with us. It's just a fucking plate, what's the worst that could happen?" Phil said joining the conversation.