tongue tied

second person pov

female reader (usage of she/her)
if you use different pronouns, don't let this stop you! i hope you enjoy :)

you are the elemental master of wind, being trained underneath the guidance of sensei wu. you're not the only one of his trainee's though, as the master of fire, kai, master of earth, cole, master of water, nya, and master of ice, zane, are also training underneath him. of course, you couldn't forget lloyd, the master of energy, and the ninja you were closest to.

a oneshot about a nervous lloyd garmadon wanting to confess his feelings to his bestfriend, you, and you wanting to confess your feelings to him, but neither of you want to make the first move. it might take a little.. push.. from the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I got it!" Jay shouted as he earned the blue, stuffed elephant from the claw machine he had spent at least ten minutes on. He quickly grabbed the toy from the drop-out box at the bottom and held the plush victoriously, looking at Nya and the rest of the group excitingly, who had been watching him struggle for the stuffy the entire time.

Kai cleared his through and cracked his knuckles as he lightly pushed Jay out of the way as he made his way to the claw machine, "Alright, my turn, and I'm gonna get a cooler prize and not spend as much credits as you did, Jay!" He swiped his game card and the music of the machine whirred up. Everybody else watched him as you shook your head with a laugh and walked away to play your own games.

You and the ninja wanted to spend some time together outside of the monastery, so the group ended up going to an arcade in Ninjago City. You've always enjoyed arcades, so you didn't wanna waste any time watching Kai loose against the claw machine for the teddy bear he was trying to grab. Instead, you went to a block-stacking game to earn some points for the prize table later. You swiped your card and focused on the game.

Lloyd was getting bored of watching Kai yell at the claw machine because 'the claw is too weak,' as said by him. Slipping away from the rest of them with Cole making fun of Kai for being so bad, Lloyd walked towards you and the game you played. As he got closer behind you, he could see the tower you were stacking higher and higher, getting closer and closer to the jackpot.

Taking notice of the boy behind you but not wanting to mess up on the game, you spoke, "Lloyd! Sorry, busy. How is Kai doing with the claw machine?" as you continued to focus on the pixelated screen in front of you. Lloyd shook his head with a small chuckle, crossing his arms, watching you and your concentrated expression as you pressed the button to stack another block up at just the right moment.

"He's definitely gonna waste all his credits trying to win the bear, it's so bad, I couldn't bring myself to watch it anymore," Lloyd said with a grin, "Looks like you're doing well though, you're almost at the jackpot! Just a few more blocks left and you get ten thousand points!" You nodded as you're eyes didn't leave the screen.

"Don't jinx it, but I'm really close! I just need to," you paused to place another block, "get a little higher and I'll win." Lloyd stayed quiet to allow you space to concentrate and continue the game, silently observing you.

He stared at you, a smile creeping onto his face as he admired you. He couldn't help but adore how you looked when you were so focused. He's seen it when you guys trained together on the courtyard, when you meditated, or even when you were watching TV and a good part of the show came on. He just thought you were beautiful. So beautiful.

Your laugh, your smile, your brain, your everything-- he loved it all.

Lloyd was snapped out of his thoughts as you shouted, "Got it! I won the jackpot!" He quickly straightened his posture and looked to the game screen, to which pixelated fireworks were exploding. You turned to Lloyd brightly, which he met with the same look.