𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲𝐡𝐢𝐥

Kailani walked out of the smoothie shop with a bag in her hand and her smoothie in the other

Kailani walked out of the smoothie shop with a bag in her hand and her smoothie in the other. She was walking towards her car when suddenly, out of nowhere, John B rode into a chain and flipped over it with groan as he laid on his back. Kailani eyes widened before she rushed over to him.

"Dude!" Kailani called as she ran over.

"Who put the chain there?" John B questioned, not yet realizing her presence.

"Did you just yeet over that chain?" Kailani questioned as she stopped above him, and he groaned which made Kailani notice a blotch of blood on the boy's shirt near his lower abdomen, "Oh, my God. Holy shit, your shit." Kailani kneeled down next to him and set her plastic bag down on the ground.

"Oh wow," John B said, finally noticing the injury.

Kailani gasped as she lightly pulled his shirt up to see the scratch, "Okay."

"Yeah, that's not ideal," John B said, and Kailani gave him a small look.

"That's not good at all," Kailani told him.

John B looked up at Kailani, "Take me to the hospital."

"Right now?" Kailani asked, knowing he was currently running from the DCS (but not actually knowing that he was literally running from them).

John B looked down the street, "Yeah, right now. That'd be fantastic."

"Yeah, okay," Kailani said with a nod, before she began to help him up, "Okay, well, you have to get up."

"Three, two, one," John B counted down before Kailani grabbed his arm and began to pull him up, "God."

Kailani brought him to her car, and she helped him into the passenger seat of the car before rushing to the driver's seat and hopping in. John B reclined his seat as far as possible, "Hey, do you- do you see a car? Like a- like a cop SUV? Blue and white, maybe?"

Kailani began to pull out of her parking spot as she looked around and noticed a car exactly how John B described it, "Yes, there is a blue and white cop SUV."

"Shit. Do you see a guy with no neck?" John B asked, groaning.

The sound of muffled car doors slamming were heard from outside.

"There is a guy. He, in fact, does not have a neck," Kailani said, looking outside, and she pulls out onto the street, "There's a woman with him."

"What are- what are they doing?" John B asked nervously and in pain.

"They're..." Kailani trailed off, focusing on what was going on rather than driving.

"Can you- can you just go, please?" John B asked nervously.

"That's- that's what I'm doing," Kailani told him, also becoming nervous.

"Thank you. Thank you," John B said as he leaned down farther when they drove past the woman dn the man.