𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬

The next morning, Kailani had woke her brother up bright and early, so he could drop her off at John B's house

The next morning, Kailani had woke her brother up bright and early, so he could drop her off at John B's house. Kailani had been up all night, worried for the brunette-haired boy, and her brother left as soon as he arrived. However, what confused her most was the fact that Sheriff Susan Peterkin was leaned against her police truck with her arms crossed as Kailani made her way towards the front door and completely ignored the Sheriff, but she was stopped when the Sheriff spoke up.

"Morning, Kailani." Sheriff Peterkin stated as she stood up straight and walked towards her as the girl paused.

"Sheriff," Kailani muttered with a small nod.

Sheriff Peterkin walked up to the girl, "I assume you were at this party, where I heard there were gunshots."

"Uh... um, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about," Kailani said innocently.

"Trust me, I know who shot it off, and I will deal with him later. But that's not what I'm here for," Sheriff Peterkin said softly, and Kailani turned to her in slight shock.

"Then what is it you're here for?" Kailani asked slowly and nervously.

Sheriff Peterkin took the first step up to the door, causing Kailani to slightly step back in nervousness, "I'm here to speak to your boyfriend about his DCS case."

Kailani's eyes widened in shock, "He's, uh, not my boyfriend..."

"I think you better tell him that, sweetheart," Sheriff Peterkin said, pushing past Kailani and into the front porch. Kailani had a look mixed with shock and confusion on her face before following Peterkin into the house.

"Wait, what?!" Kailani questioned, walking quickly to follow the older woman through the house, "What are you talking about? We are not romantically involved."

"I'm not here to have girl talk with you and discuss love lives, now..." Sheriff Peterkin said, stopping and turning to Kailani, who stopped infront of the older woman, "go wake your boy up, so I can talk to him."

"Why do I have to go get him? You're the one who wants to talk to him... about important matters," Kailani stated unsurely.

"Don't think it will be appropriate for me to walk in on the boy. Besides, from what I've heard, it won't be anything you haven't seen." Sheriff Peterkin said, stepping closer to Kailani.

Kailani scrunched her nose up in disgust, and she began walking down the hallway to John B's room, but not before yelling to Sheriff Peterkin, "I'm a virgin by the way!" which caused a chuckle from the sheriff.

Kailani quietly opened John B's door, before closing it behind her. She watched as the brunette boy slept peacefully without a shirt on. He laid on his stomach with his head titled to face her, and his arms were laid out on his pillows, and his back raised up and down. She let out a breathe of relief, happy that he was okay after the night before. She kneeled down on the side of his bed, and she stared at him as he breathed heavily.