"No need to butter me up. Just make sure you don't fall on your face in that saree in the showroom." She said it without looking up. "And especially in front of the clients that you're going to sign today." My heart skipped a beat as she finished, then looked up at me in the rearview mirror, giving me a look.

I'll be fine. Both of us will be. It's just Raizada's. And we're only meeting with them as clients. Nothing else. Also, it's been so many years. I don't even remember how many years have passed since we last met. This is nothing personal... Devi Maiya, Dekh lena.

"Do you want to stay in the car?" I blinked and found Jiji walking up the three steps to the store. I looked around me and found the car empty, then turned to my left and found Suraj standing there with the door open. "Where did you go?"

I shook my head while wetting my lips and getting out of the car.

"Khushi, Are you nervous?" Suraj asked again as we started to walk towards the store.

"No. I'm.. just worried about my saree." I pushed my open hair away from my face and over my shoulder as I carefully ascended the steps.

"You look very, very beautiful, by the way." I halted as soon as I heard Suraj and looked to my left, where he stood and was now looking at me with his eyes shining under the setting sun and a small smile playing on his lips.

I felt my whole face warming up as I looked up at him and tried to stop smiling before saying, "You, too!"

He held my eyes for another second before motioning for me to walk inside first with his hand. And as soon as we entered, all my worries about my saree and AR washed away from my mind as I talked to the guests and clients. I learned from Suraj that if you want to do business, you must know how to talk and convince. And talking is one of my best specialties, other than making Jalebi and irritating Bua Ji.

Almost two hours later, as I was sitting on a chair, I saw Jiji walking towards me, with Desai's right beside her.

"When is the wedding?" It was the first thing that Mrs. Desai, Suraj's Masi Ji, said as she reached me, and I stood up.

"It's not decided yet!" I answered as I grabbed one of the snack trays off a waiter's hand with a smile. "Suraj decided on the menu, didn't he?" I looked at Jiji with furrowed brows, which she answered by nodding, then motioned for me to follow her with a small tilt of her head.

"Excuse me!" Jiji said, interrupting whatever Mrs. Desai was saying, and walked away to the hallway that led to the room, where we were supposed to sign the contract.

"I'll return this." I raised the tray a little before following behind Jiji and handing the tray to one of the waiters along the way.

Devi Maiya, please make sure that everything goes smoothly.

I entered the room and found Jiji sitting on one of the chairs with her phone pressed on her ears. So I quietly walked up to her, sat on the head of the table, and started twirling while looking at the ceiling. Will this meeting go nicely and smoothly?... I don't think so. But if he doesn't come, then maybe it can...

I heard some footsteps at the same time as Jiji slapped on my arm, and I hurriedly stood up from my chair when the door opened and Suraj walked in with Akash Ji and... Arnav Ji following a few steps behind.