"That's what the compass is pointing to," Katara said. "That giant rock. It must be the magnetic center of the desert." 

"A rock?" Toph asked, excited. "Yes! Let's go!" 

"Maybe we can find some water," I wished. 

"Maybe we can find some sand benders," Aang muttered, and pushed the glider to go faster. 

It wasn't until dawn that we actually made it to the top of the rock. But when we did, the view was amazing, and Toph was just excited to be able to see. 

"Hey, look," I said, facing the rock. Tunnels lined the sides, so we decided to check them out. 

Sokka breathed in, shaking his head. "I think my head is starting to clear out the cactus juice," he told us. 

"Finally," I muttered. 

"Look!" Sokka exclaimed, eating something dripping from the walls of the cave. He spit it out a second later, complaining about the taste. "Oh, I feel woozy." 

"You've been hallucinating on cactus juice all day, and then you just lick something you find stuck to the wall of a cave?!" Katara shouted at him. 

"I'm natually curious," Sokka defended. 

"So was George the monkey," I huffed, ignoring their odd stares. 

"I don't think this is a normal cave," Toph said worriedly. "This was... carved by something. 

"Yeah," Aang observed. "Look at the way it's shaped." 

"There's something buzzing in here," Toph told us. "Something that's coming for us!" 

Soon, we were all able to hear the buzzing, so we took off, out of the caves, being chased by giant bee-like creatures. They surrouned us, and I shot fire at the ones flying around us. 

One of the creatures grabbed Momo, and Aang shot off after him. 

We started making our way down, aiming rocks and fire at the things as we went. Katara would aim for Toph, and then she would fire. Really, it was a great system. 

Finally, when the nasty bugs cleared, we found ourselves facing the sand benders themselves. 

"What are you doing in our land with a sand bender sailor?" one of the men asked. "From the looks of it, you stole it from the Hammi Tribe." 

"We found the sailor, abandoned in the desert," Katara explained. "We're traveling with the Avatar. Our bison was stolen, and we have to get to Ba Sing Se." 

"You dare accuse our people of theft while you ride in a stolen sand sailor?" another man asked, this one much younger. 

My eyes widened, as I reconized the voice. I glanced at Toph, and she too had her eyes narrowed. 

"Quiet Gashiun!" the first man demanded. "No one accused our people of anything. If what they say is true, we must give them hospitality." 

"I'm sorry, Father," the second man said again, and this time, I was sure. 

"I reconize the son's voice," Toph said. "He's the one that stole Appa." 

"You sure?" Katara asked, looking at the two of us. 

"I never forget a voice," Toph said matter-of-factly. 

"And I never forget a face," I said. 

"You stole Appa," Aang seethed, shoving past us. "Where is he? What did you do to him?" 

"They're lying!" the son protested. "They're the thieves!" 

Aang shot a gust of air to one of the sand gliders. "Where is my bison?" 

I took a step back from Aangs menacing face. 

"You tell me where he is, now!" Another boat thing flew into the air. 

"What did you do?" I heard the father ask, and his son panicked. 

"It wasn't me!" he begged. 

"You said to put a muzzle on him!" Toph accused. 

"And you bound my hands together with rope!" I shouted. 

"You attacked my friend?" Aang yelled. "And you muzzled Appa?" 

His tattoos and eyes began to glow, as he was now in the Avatar State. 

The son apologized repeatedly, but Aang ignored him. 

"Tell me where Appa is." It sounded like a hundred voices were coming from Aangs mouth - all of the past Avatars. 

"I traded him!" the son rushed. "To some merchants! He's probably in Ba Sing Se by now... they were going to sell him."

Aangs eyes narrowed, and the group of sand benders panicked again. 

"Please!" the son begged. "We'll escort you out of the desert! We'll help anyway we can!" 

But it was too late. 

"Just get out of here!" Sokka yelled, grabbing Toph and me, and dragging us out of harms way. 

Everyone but Katara ran, and I waited for her to calm him down, like I knew she would. For some reason, she was the only one could bring sense to him in times like these. When the dust cleared, she was holding the crying monk to her chest.

/////\\\\\

(A/N)

In my defense, it's stil Sunday night for another half hour...

But I hope you liked it! And sorry for the late update, I've been....

Well. This past week has been tough for me. But thanks for the support of all you wonderful people!

Love you!

Vote?

Comment?

Fan?