Victoria smiled at her daughter, "Your dad gave that necklace to me when we started dating, inside is a picture of me and your dad and then the other taken a couple of years after when I was pregnant with you" she said opening up the pendant so she could look inside. "I knew one day I would want to give you this" she kissed her daughter on the cheek as she helped Eleanor putting it around her neck. "I will never take it off" she promised her mum and for the rest of the morning they spent together.

Unfortunately the time they we're spending together was short lived and her whole body tensed up when she realised who had just walked into the room but she couldn't look at him, "Matthew, how are you?" her mum smiled looking up to see the young alpha standing in the doorway.

"I'm fine Victoria. I see you're doing well" Matthew smiled at the older woman sitting on the sofa with Eleanor, the small pain in his chest as he saw how her whole body tensed up knowing he was in the same room as her. He knew it was his fault though, after all he was the one who rejected her five years ago.

"That's all thanks to my beautiful daughter" she laughed and he couldn't help but smile at her words, he couldn't deny that she was beautiful.

"It's her birthday" she said.

Matthew hadn't realised that it was her birthday, then again he was pretty sure growing up he never knew when her birthday was and he instantly felt guilt for not knowing that information. "Happy birthday" he said softly, "Actually could I talk you Eleanor?" he blurted out, he didn't really have anything to talk to her about but for some reason he just wanted to be in her presence, to hear her voice.

"I'll just leave you two alone" Victoria smiled softly at Matthew before kissing her daughter on the cheek as she left the two alone.

Eleanor still didn't turn to face Matthew as he stepped further into the room and sat on the opposite end of the sofa, "I didn't know it was your birthday" he said quietly but still she didn't say anything in return. "Eleanor, please don't ignore me I know I deserve this but I'm sorry, I know it doesn't make up for the last five years but I don't want it to be like this anymore" he whispered trying to grab hold of her hand but she moved away before he could.

"You're with Lisa" she finally managed to whisper and her eyes finally looked up to look at him.

"Everything I have done is a mistake, rejecting you and being with her. It was all a mistake, I know you probably can never forgive me but I will die until you do even if it takes eternity" he promised.

"This is a joke isn't it?" she was angry now and couldn't help it as she growled lowly at him. "You thought that rejecting me wasn't enough that you had to make a fool out of me as well. How do you possibly think I would actually fall for this, hmm?" she snapped wondering if he thought she was actually stupid.

"Eleanor it's not a joke" Eleanor rolled her eyes, still not believing a word he was saying.

Although there was a small part of her that was wishing what he was telling her was true but she didn't want to fall into his trap, only for him to break her heart all over again. Lost in her thoughts she didn't realise he managed to grab hold of her hand until she felt the sparks running through her arms and she tried getting out of his hold but he only tightened his group but not enough to hurt.

"Matthew what are you-" she didn't get to finish her sentence and before she knew it he was leaning down kissing her passionately and at first she didn't kiss him back but it only too seconds for her to return the kisses just as passionate.

When the kiss was over Eleanor felt like she was on cloud nine, until it only took seconds to snap back to reality and before she knew it she slapped him, hard across the cheek leaving a huge red mark.