Chapter 12

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

☆DONNIE'S POV☆

[Name]'s mood had visibly changed, although her facial expressions don't show how bothered she was, the way her body physically stiffened spoke differently.

"Yes, the Kraang and Shredder will most likely target you from now on. And I wanted to let you know so you're prepared." This wasn't what I was supposed to tell her, this was not how our conversation was going to go.

I had already planned out what I was going to say and chose my words perfectly and how I should say them, I was meant to bring up the experiment files, but it seemed like [Name] already knew of the masterminds behind the experiments.

But for some reason, I wanted hear it from her, and it should be something that she should be forced to say.

"..." [Name] was silent, almost as if she's contemplating whether if she should say anything or not, but the silence was interrupted when her phone suddenly rang, her head shooting to the direction of the device, "That must be my brother.." she mumbles, "I'll need to take this, excise me.." she says, excusing herself and leaving the kitchen.

I could hear her greet her brother, almost as if nothing had happened, sounding like her usual self while she was on the phone.

When she came back, she had looked at me with a sad smile, "I'm sure I'm not hiding this discomfort of mine properly..." she starts, but says nothing after, only proceeding to make the frosting for the cupcakes.

I approach her and stood next to her, the two of us, side by side, "You don't have to tell me now, I just want you to know whatever it is, I trust you." I say the last part looking into her eyes and gauging her reaction, seeing as her face faltered and her eyes began to water, her lips being pulled into a tight line as she tightly gripped the wooden spoon in her hands.

I outstretch my arms and let her hug me, she let out a sob, her arms wrapping around my waist as she buries her head against my shoulder, I could feel her wet tears, but I dont let it bother me.

It almost seemed to me that she finally found someone who understood her situation and is finally letting whatever she had bottled up let go.

I rub her back gently as I let her cry to her hearts content, "It's alright, [Name]. You're okay, just let it all out." I whisper, rubbing her head gently.

~Timeskip~

"I'm sorry you had to see me that way, I don't usually cry in front of others, only because it makes me feel awkward afterwards..." she says, dabbing her swollen eyes with a damp handkerchief, "That's okay, as long as you were able to fully got whatever you were bottling up out of your system, It would be my pleasure to be a shoulder to cry on." I say with a smile on my face, handing her a glass of water for her to drink, she gratefully accepts it and mutters a small 'thank you' downing the glass of water and sighing in relief right after.

"This topic hasn't been mentioned much around me and my brother, considering the lengths we had to do to escape the Kraang." [Name] starts, gripping the end of her shirts sleeve, as I see this, It was as if I had this sudden realization that whenever I meet [Name], she's always worn long sleeves, it could be some sort of coincidence and she has other types of shirts or its some sort of fashion statement.

It's hard to decipher teenagers, especially girls, mostly because each of them are unique and complex in their own way, even with the little and unnoticable things..

"It was a long time ago, but the reason why I'm here in New York living with my brother, is because our parents were scientists who worked under the Kraang." She said, I could tell with how slow she was speaking, it was as if she was waiting for any type of drastic reaction that I'll make, but I'll be patient and listen to whatever she says, I want to make it known to her and trust her.

"I am going to be frank with you, most of this mess happened before I was born and when my brother was younger, so whatever I'm going to tell you may lack in some sense.." She warns me, "It's fine, I'm just glad that you're feeling comfortable enough to be sharing this piece of your life with me.

"Yeah..Alright.."

~This part of the story may be told in a different way, it's a flashback in a sense but it's not told in [Name]'s perspective~

It was silent inside the room, except for the sound of the beeping of the heart monitor and a babies cries.

The mother held her baby in her arms, cooing at the newborn babe, "Hush now..there is nothing for you to cry about, everything will be okay now.." she says, smiling down at the baby, wrapped up with a soft cloth, she runs a finger down the babies cheek before handing her over to her father.

"You will grow up to be something so wonderful.." he whispers, walking out of the room for the nurses to tend to his wife while he immediately led the baby to a seperate room, all while a small child ran after him, "Father, Why can't I hold the baby?" The boys bright eyes stared up at his father, wanting to hold his newly born baby sister.

"Not now, Franz, you are far too young to be holding her," his father said, looking down to his young son, his eyes narrowing at the young boy, "Besides, she would not need for such ridiculous things such as familial bonds." His father had immediately stopped and turned to his young son, innocently, Franz asked, "Then what would she need?"

"The strength to withstand mutagen and grow to be a strong warrior."

Franz froze, he was too young to know what his father was talking about, but he couldn't help the unsettling feeling that he had when he stared into his fathers eyes.

~end of sequence~

"It was one of my brothers distinct memories, but he always says that he remembers the sick look that he saw in our fathers eyes." [Name] said, it was hard to tell Donnie of her experience, for she hardly ever remembered it, the brutal treatment that she had received under her parents' supervision.

"You'll need to talk to my brother, but even when I vouch for you and say that I trust you, he's not a man who'll easily open up as much as I do. " [Name] knew this much between the differences between her and her brother, while she would trust people with her whole heart, Franz would be one who builds walls around his own.

"It's okay [Name], I don't need to know the whole story, what I needed to know if you place as much trust in me, the same way I place my trust in you." Donnie says, [Name] looks into his eyes and Donnie feels like he could feel himself getting warmer when he sees his reflection in her eyes.

"With my whole heart."

....

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛
❦1226 words
❦I swear, the more I write the more invested i am with the story I'm going with. ALSO DONNIE SOUNDS OOC DOESNT HE??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW I NEED THE FEEDBACK SO I CAN CHANGE THE FLAWS IN MY BOOK
12/17/23