"Wife--"

"I said later." Denise cut in, her smile unwavering but her eyes flashing a glint of restrained fury. The group sensed the simmering anger beneath her composed exterior, evident even in her interactions with their daughter.

Mikey sighed inwardly, acknowledging Denise's silent insistence. There was a time and a place for every conversation, and evidently, this wasn't it.

Breakfast continued, the undercurrent of unresolved tension weaving through the mundane chatter. As the meal drew to a close, Emma, satiated and content, ran off to play, leaving the adults in the lingering aftermath of strained emotions.

Denise remained composed, her focus shifting from Emma to the household matters. The executives observed her with a mix of fascination and apprehension, unsure of what to make of her almost eerie calmness.

"Are you all right, Den?" It was Koko who dared to broach the subject, concern etched on his face.

Denise glanced up briefly, her smile unwavering. "I'm perfectly fine, Koko. Just a bit busy today."

"Denise, about last night..." Ran ventured cautiously.

"I'd rather not discuss it," Denise replied, her tone final, effectively ending the conversation.

The executives exchanged uneasy glances, the weight of the unresolved conflict hanging in the air like a heavy shroud. It was a precarious situation, navigating around the fragile emotions that lingered within the mansion's walls.

-----

On the other hand...

The heavy silence hung like a thick fog in the air as the executives sat there in their meeting room within the mansion, reeling from the unexpected escalation between Mikey and Denise earlier. Kakucho, trying to maintain a semblance of composure, looked at the others with concern etched on his face.

"Mikey, what do we do now?" Kakucho's voice held a note of worry.

Mikey exhaled a mix of frustration and regret clouding his features. "Give her time. I messed up, Kakucho. I should have been more transparent..."

Kakucho nodded in understanding, acknowledging the weight of their reality. "We'll figure it out, Boss. For now, let her breathe."