45.*

Chapter 8: Who is she?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few weeks since the night of the said party happened and things had surely quite changed since then. Usually, the Bonten executives rarely leave the mansion as they prefer to do their work there than at their headquarters so you can see them at any side of the mansion, be it in the living room, kitchen, or garden. They like to do their work in a place where they can assure the place's safety as their main priority aside from their business booming is their only princess' well-being.

One of the professionals that they hired told them that the parent or guardian must be always present around their child whenever their child needs them as it will help the child mentally while growing up. Besides, the parent should always be with their child, right?

But for the past few days, things clearly changed in the mansion. The usual bustling mansion where you could here a child's shouts and giggles with her uncles are now rarely heard.

"Sorry princess, uncle has some work to do." Kokonoi said as he patted the child's head softly with an apologetic smile on his face.

"We will play with you next time okay?" Kakucho added. His eyes looked at the child affectionately as if not wanting to part with her.

"It's alright uncles! Uncle Koko once told Emma that making money is important so we can eat yummy foods and sweeties!" The child answered as if it does not bother her one bit. The two women behind the child look at Emma in worry. Den and Guin glanced at each other and look at Koko and Kakucho with suspicion.

The executives alternately go out of the mansion on the first week after the party which they did not find weird at first as they know that they always have missions. The following week they would go in pairs and then later on by group and what's more suspicious is that even their boss who likes to just sit around now joins them.

'Even that jelly is super busy nowadays.'

"We'll be going now." Kakucho then waved them goodbye. Guini then approached the child and carried her, thinking that playing with the child will make her mood good.

"Den, you coming or what?"

Den then looks at the two men's back one last time before turning around.

"Coming!"