Chapter 21: Sister?

Start from the beginning

Leaning in and picking up the strange tiny object, he inspected it with curiosity.

"What are you doing?" The man behind the Demigod asked.

With a brief silence, the latter answered, "Are there any dwarves in any town according to our reports?"

"No, there are no dwarves in the kingdom of Goldrose, why?"

The person that found the tiny metal shows his partner with it which reveals to be a crushed bullet from Moo's Magnum.

"If there are no dwarves around here. Has anyone stolen a Meccan Artifact?"

"Stealing the Meccan Artifact is almost impossible! With how advanced they are, no one, even Demigods and us couldn't get through to their securities!"

"Then that means someone with a weapon similar to a Dwarven Artifact killed our traders and took our valuable package. Which is the nearest city here?"

"The scouts already searched the village not too far from here and no sign of her. But there is one, Kalren city, 200 km southeast from us."

"Oh, it's the same place we were planning to test something, perfect! This is gonna be easy!"

"Alright, I'll contact the site director of Site-18, we'll let them send out many scouts to the city, let us go."

"Hehe, it's been a long time since I ever visited that city. I wonder if it is more chaotic than before."

——————————————————————

"What in the hell is wrong with this city?" Delirious mumbled inwardly while returning from the market.

Xavier was walking beside him carrying two bags with the foods, extra clothes and accessories he bought. The Golem just looked at Delirious briefly and nodded silently.

After spending the afternoon buying things in the market, Delirious should be enjoyed, however, he could not bring himself to smile. The reason was the things that happened while he was in the market.

He was attacked, on three different occasions, by three different groups of people.

And the three groups were targeting Xavier for some reason.

Maybe because they thought Delirious did not seem very strong, they decided to test their luck and try to kill and take some loot that the Golem dropped. Unfortunately, Delirious isn't a normal human no more.

Furthermore, the Golem was obviously not weak either. To sum up everything in a few words, the two steamrolled the three groups of robbers.

But in the meanwhile, Delirious' mood worsened, "...If I would have known about this, I would have come alone." he heaved a tired sigh. Beside him, Xavier seemed to be nodding too.

It was tiring too.

After walking for a few minutes, the pair of a human(?) and a Golem arrived at their living quarters. Delirious sighed in relief when he saw their house's door without being attacked again in the way.

But when he was about to enter the house, he saw a girl looking towards the entrance.

The girl felt Delirious' gaze and turned towards him

"H-Hello."

"Uhh, Hello?"

"A-Ah, are you..... do you live there? e.e "

Delirious looked at the girl carefully before nodding.

"Great!" The girl smiled brightly and walked towards him. "My name is Gracie, and I live in the house next door."