Chapter 16 - 'All Grown Up'

When Sun said he wanted to say goodbye to Eclipse first, the engineer walked him to another room in parts and services.

In this room, Eclipse was laid down on an iron bed, looking weak. Attached to him was a special cord that would allow the engineers to shut him off whenever.

Sun walked up to Eclipse. "So... dad... I'm sorry to see you go..." he said, sadly.

Eclipse shook his head. "Don't apologize... it was never your fault," he said in reply. "By the way... they turned you into a very handsome young man," Eclipse said, complimenting Sun's new appearance.

Sun put his hand on Eclipse's shoulder. "If I knew this would be coming, I would've never let Moon hurt you..." he said, depressed.

Eclipse then said that it was okay and that they should let bygones be bygones. Eclipse then took off his hat and gave it to Sun. "By the way... if ever Moon becomes okay again... tell him I wanted to give him my hat as a gift," he said, smiling.

Sun then looked around before he said, "Before I say goodbye... I wanted to tell you that the kids are safe with me, dad..."

Eclipse shook his head again. "I'm thinking of your safety, Sun... nothing can harm you or Moon now..." he said, weaker than before.

It was then that Eclipse held Sun's hand as he began to sing this song, his voice degrading as he sang it:

I don't know of the future
or what waits, but
I know that you will be there
to see it, now, son...Don't dwell on this moment
and weep for my dying,
Instead think of the
happy memories...

...please...

As soon as he said "please", the engineers shut him down completely, and he closed his eyes and smiled, implying that he died peacefully.

Sun reached Eclipse's arm closer to his face. "Dad?... dad!... DAD!..." he shouted, and on the third time, he realized that Eclipse was gone... and now he was there to finish what he started.

He broke down crying as he realized that this was his final time speaking with Eclipse. the engineer who walked him in this room calmed him down as she walked him to the Superstar Daycare to show his new design off to the kids.

* * *

When they finally got to the Superstar Daycare, Sun was standing behind a curtain, which itself was in front of thousands of little kids.

After a few minutes, the curtains opened, revealing Sun to the kids.

The kids were cheering at the sight of Sun's new design. No longer was Sun just a child animatronic who helped the daycare attendant out; he was the daycare attendant.

No longer was he the one who told on bad children; he was the one who dealt with them.

No longer was he a frightened child that was on the same level as the little ones; he was the one they looked up to.

Most importantly: No longer was he just a child; he was all grown up.

He felt freed, as if all that fear and heartbreak from his childhood all suddenly went away now that he was all grown up.

But this wasn't the end of the story, no!

In fact... the story had only begun!