Chapter 14 - 'Sunrise, Sun-drop'

"Goodbye, Sunny..."

Those were Taiyoko's last words to Sun before she left the Pizzaplex with her mother. Those words would forever haunt Sun whenever someone he felt close to would leave the daycare for good because of Moon's torment or even Sun's methods of keeping Moon away.

Sun was, needless to say, heartbroken.

Whenever he, Eclipse, and the kids would do arts and crafts, Sun would mostly just be a spectator, and whenever he did do the arts and crafts with them, he'd often draw or make things related to how he felt.

It got to a point where Eclipse sat Sun down to talk to him.

"Listen, Sun," he said, "By the time you and Moon are the daycare attendants, you're gonna have to learn to keep your feelings in check."

That just made Sun feel worse, so he gave Eclipse a hug in an attempt to cheer himself up.

Eclipse shook his head pensively as he patted Sun's back.

"Don't be afraid, son..." he said, "Everything will be better, I promise."

* * *

A few months had passed, and Sun was feeling a little better.

His relationship with the kids wasn't the best, but it was improving.

More importantly, he was beginning to be referred to by a new nickname that he remembered from when he first began promoting the Sunnydrop candies.

"Sundrop".

He initially felt uncomfortable with it, but eventually it just kind of... grew on him.

In addition to "Sundrop", Sun also began to be called Sunrise, although he didn't really like that nickname as much as he did the nickname "Sundrop".

Many little boys liked him but many little girls loved him, and they showed that to him via their drawings of him... but deep down Sun knew that none of those little girls could quite fill the hole in his mechanical heart that Taiyoko once filled before Moon ruined everything...

...And he did eventually get used to Moon being locked away inside the headspace, but that came with him being afraid of Moon.

And he loved doing arts and crafts with the kids and Eclipse, only he had this problem that made him... a bit of an art critic. You see, his memories of Taiyoko's drawings really shook him up, and he believed that they were true perfection compared to what the other kids would make.

And every single time he did any extreme critique, Eclipse would stop him and remind him that those were just little kids having fun.

All this would carry on for... a long time.