Chapter 8 - 'Taiyoko'

"Taiyoko," said the little girl, "Taiyoko Tentai," as she introduced herself to Sun.

"Oh, what a unique name!" Said Sun, excitedly, as the little girl, whose name was apparently Taiyoko, sat down next to Sun.

As Taiyoko made herself comfortable, Sun began to talk to her. "You seem like a great friend! Can you tell me more about yourself?" he asked,  curious as to what Taiyoko was like.

Taiyoko answered with, "Well, you probably recognize me as the girl who purchases a small bag of Sunnydrops every month. I also have a sister named Tsukita, who you may know as the girl who delivers the glitter glue pens from your dad's arms to the arts-and-crafts tables every time we get a new pack of them. Tsukita and I are opposites, you see; I'm a day kid while she's a night kid, I'm more energetic, she's more calm and relaxed..."

Taiyoko paused for a bit as if she was thinking about something she didn't want Sun to know at first.

"...What's the matter, new friend?" Sun asked, "You look like you're worried about something!"

After Taiyoko regained her composure, she said this:

"Well... ever since me and Tsukita first began our routine at the daycare, even before you and, Moon, was it? Were introduced to us, we always thought your dad, Eclipse, was a really cool guy... but when you and Moon were introduced, well... Tsukita thought Moon was even cooler than Eclipse, but I..."

Taiyoko paused again, her face turning red like the most vibrant rose.

Sun now looked confused. "You... what?" he asked, wondering why Taiyoko looked so nervous.

He then looked back at the picture Taiyoko drew for him, and back at Taiyoko herself.

Finally Taiyoko confessed. What she said would shock Sun... and quite possibly Eclipse if he were there...

"I... when I saw you for the first time... my chest felt funny and my face felt warmer... When I asked Tsukita about it... she said I might be... in love..."

Sun made a slight gasping sound when he heard Taiyoko say "in love".

Suddenly the drawing she made for him made sense.

The pink hearts, the hand holding, even the smiles on both his and Taiyoko's faces in the drawing...

...Now it all made sense now that Taiyoko confessed her feelings to Sun.

"But... how and why is that even possible?" Sun asked, "I'm an animatronic, and you're only a little girl!"

Taiyoko's eyes began to well up with tears. "I know... that's why I was afraid to tell you at first..." she said, her voice breaking with her about to cry, "...But the thing is... I LOVE YOU, SUNNY!" she shouted, finally breaking down sobbing.

Sun didn't know what to do at that moment. It was bad enough that Moon was potentially hacked by someone or something neither he or Eclipse knew of, but now there was this girl, who was one of the many kids at the daycare, who was madly in love with him, and was now crying because she was a human girl and he was an animatronic.

After a few seconds, Sun, out of instinct, picked Taiyoko up and hugged her with all of his might.

Taiyoko stopped crying upon realizing Sun was hugging her. She traced the details of Sun's sailor-esque collar with her finger, and she didn't feel sad anymore.

"Don't be sad, Taiyoko... even if we can't be together-together... we can still be best friends," he said, with a smile on his face.