Chapter Eight: Save Me

Start from the beginning

Upstairs, in Meredith's room, Meredith and Derek still getting ready. Derek is brushing his teeth. 

"So let's go sleep at your house tonight." Meredith offered to Derek.

"What?" Derek asked.

"I mean, why are we always sleeping at my house? Do you even have one?" Meredith asked.

"One what?" Derek asked.

"A house. With a closet. With your stuff in it. Your personal stuff. Do you even have one of those?" Meredith asked her boyfriend.

"Mmm." was all the intern got in response.

A few minutes later, Derek and Meredith enter the kitchen to see it covered in ingredients and chocolate cupcakes.

"Good morning." Derek greeted the three interns in the kitchen.

"Hey. You guys want a cupcake?" George asked, already on his fourth or fifth.

"Oh, no." Derek turned down.

"Izzie made them." Eddie said.

"You know, I like it here. You said so yourself, you liked having your things around, sleeping in your own bed." Derek said looking at Meredith.

Derek is getting cereal and a bowl out.

"You're like a health nut, aren't ya? You eat muesli every morning." George commented.

"No, I don't." Derek denied.

"Ok, the muesli thing, you do. The last seven days, at least." Izzie commented.

"Oh, come on. I haven't been here for a whole week. Have I?" Derek asked the interns.

"See? Even they think it's weird." Meredith commented.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely. Cause almost everyone still has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they'll open their eyes and it will all come true.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Meredith, Eddie, and Cristina were looking at some film that the psych doctor had brought down.

"This guy belongs in Psych. What are you doing turfing him here?" Cristina asked annoyed.

"He's my gift to you. Had a seizure two days ago and another one this morning." The psych doctor informed the three girls.

"What are you talking about? It says right here, "He talks to dead people, his family things he's dangerous. They had him committed." " Eddie said as she read the patients chart.

"That's Psych, not Neuro." Meredith finished.

"Man, didn't you go to med school?" Cristina asked, as if the psych doctor was stupid or crazy...or both.

"Yes, and unlike the correspondence school you attended..." The psych doctor said condescendingly.

"Oh, that would be Stanford, Dartmouth, and Yale right?" Cristina asked, listing the three prestigious schools the three interns attended for medical schools.

"I learned not to jump to conclusions. Sorry, ladies. We can't take him back until he's cleared." The psych doctor said.

"So, you're dumping him on us?" Cristina asked.

"He thinks his seizures are visions." The psych doctor explained.

"Hello! They're not seizures. I'm psychic." The patient, Mr. Duff, called.