ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ♡ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

After a day that felt oddly normal, a welcome break from the supernatural chaos at Crestwood Heights, Minji found herself asleep in her new home in Rainy Forks. The room's heating, a perpetual dilemma, was either too hot or nonexistent. The covers were haphazardly strewn across her body, leaving her chest exposed as she slept peacefully.

However, the tranquility was shattered by an unsettling sensation. Minji, in the depths of her slumber, felt a pair of eyes fixated on her. Subconsciously, her furrowed brows betrayed her awareness of an intruding presence. A subtle rustle echoed in the room, awakening a gasp from Minji as she shot up in bed.

Her gaze darted around the room, half-expecting to find Haerin in the corner. However, it was merely a hallucination, a phantom image born from her yearning for the familiar. Yet, despite the absence, she couldn't shake the feeling that Haerin was near, an invisible warmth enveloping the house and her heart.

Running her hand through her hair, Minji felt the weight of stress settling in. It marked the first night she dreamt of Kang Haerin.

Minji awoke with a peculiar sense of disorientation, a heaviness clinging to the edges of her consciousness. She sighed, attempting to shake off the lingering effects of an unusual dream or perhaps the remnants of an otherworldly presence.

Minji followed the scent, her senses gradually adjusting to the surroundings. As she descended the stairs, the warm glow of the kitchen greeted her. The air was filled with the inviting aroma of food, and she spotted her dad at the stove, focused on the cooking.

"Morning, sleepyhead," he greeted with a smile, glancing over his shoulder.

"Morning," Minji replied, still feeling a bit disoriented. "What's cooking?"

Her dad turned with a playful grin. "Your favorite: pancakes. Thought I'd make your first morning here special."

A mix of surprise and gratitude spread across Minji's face. She appreciated the gesture, realizing that the day might not be as ordinary as she expected.

"Someone whispered to me that all your friends are headed to La Push," he remarked. Minji, wearing a smile, responded, "That beach is gloomy." Her complaint carried a soft tone, prompting a chuckle from her dad. With a pointed look, he expressed a preference for the beach over being alone.

Minji sighed, acknowledging his desire, "If that's what you want." Her dad, wearing a smile of contentment, affirmed, "That is what I want." Minji, still smiling, gracefully slid off the counter, proposing, "Then I guess I'll see you later?" His nod confirmed their rendezvous, and as a gesture of affection, she kissed his cheek before making her way upstairs, leaving the promise of a later reunion lingering in the air.

As Minji returned to her room and changed into something more comfortable, she felt an inexplicable pull toward the beach. The sea air carried whispers of nostalgia, and when she arrived at the shore, she found her friends already there – Hyein, Dani, Yunjin, and even Hanni.

"Minji!" Hyein called out, waving her over. Minji joined them, a playful smile on her lips. "Did you guys tattle on me?" she teased. Yunjin chuckled, "Blame Danielle's mom. She insisted, and besides, we needed to get together!"