CHAPTER -7 EMPEROR

Start from the beginning

He grabs her hand, then holds her waist.

“I can't do that, Carol. Not even once have I thought of hurting you. And I brought you here with another intention.”

His lips gently curl at the corners of his mouth, exposing a slight showing of teeth.

His chest with a few buttons undone, touching her chest, gazing directly into her eyes.

Carol is stunned by this beautiful sight.

“What intention?”

“Don't get angry, I was joking. But you will stay in this room with me. There are still many people who don't want me on the throne. I can't risk your safety, now that I am the Emperor,” he leaned his back on the wall, smiling.

“What do you mean, Emperor, is you? What about the king?” Carol asks.

“Yesterday, the king was found dead. His limbs were torn off. Rebels killed him,” he smirks.

Carol gulps nervously as her father was one of the rebels.

“Was my father involved in the king's death?” she asks anxiously.

“Who knows? He was a part of the treason, and he wanted me dead, so maybe,” his smile disappeared.

Carol moves closer to him and touches his hand gently.

Ragnarök stiffens, dumbstruck by the situation.

Her gesture makes him speechless.

HE IS CALM, EVEN THOUGH DAD TRIED TO KILL HIM. BUT DEEP INSIDE, HE MUST HAVE FELT HURT.
HE WAS IN THE BATTLEFIELD FOR TWO YEARS, FIGHTING FOR HIS COUNTRY, AND THE COUNTRY'S NOBLE RETURNED HIS KINDNESS WITH HATE.

“Your hand, it's full of wounds… Must have hurt,” her face saddened as she grazed his rough hand. She looks at him just to see him looking back at her.

Their eyes meet, chills from his ruthless look run down her spine.

.....

Knocking on the door makes her avert her eyes from him.

“Someone's at the door…" embarrassed, Carol says.

“Your highness, all remaining traitors and their relatives, or anyone related to them, even the maids, are captured, waiting for your order on what to do with them in court,” Knight Birtholt informs Ragnarök.

“I'm heading there, wait for me outside,” he answers.

“I'll go first, Carol. You can come after dressing up. Maids will help you,” he says while heading to the door.

“Am I allowed to?”

“Now you are one of my people, you can do whatever you want.”

“Okay.....” the thought of her family makes her restless.

He pets her head, ruffling her hair with a smile, he says, “Don't worry.”

Even if they were empty words, they made her relieved.

“Why does he always do that….?” she whines slowly.

AT THE COURT:-

There were thousands of people begging for mercy, crying, weeping, handcuffed, on the floor waiting for the punishment. A noble who was on Ragnarök's side was witnessing and enjoying this view.
Crying stops by hearing the sound of Ragnarök's footsteps. It was as if death were approaching them. He stands in front of the crown, putting his sword on the throne, he announces.

The sun has set, and there is only darkness in our kingdom as my father, King Henry Alzack, has been killed by the hands of rebels.

“What punishment is sufficient for these people?”

Nobles who were loyal to Ragnarök answered,

“Behead them all, your highness.” “They are filthy dirt.”

“If you show them mercy, they will betray you again.”

“They bite the hand that feeds them.”

“As I am the only heir to the crown, the only person left to avenge my father, and I want people to take it as a lesson. I hereby announce that all these people are to be burned alive.” The anger in Ragnarök's eyes scared even her knight.

Listening to their punishment, the traitors shout and ask for mercy. Carol, from a corner, watches and feels sad for them.

“Wait a second, your highness. It is not fair,” a voice comes from among the nobles who were witnessing. It was Isabella Rouse, Ragnarök's fiancée.

“I didn't expect my fiancé to be displeased with me. Say what you want to say, Isabella,” he looks at her fiercely, making her shiver, but she
continues anyway.

Your Highness, Count Beth was one of the traitors, but his whole family isn't here. Forget about them getting punished, but this girl, Carol Beth, is even standing here unharmed,” she points at Carol.

“Is it because she is your close friend that you are forgiving her and her family? Isn't it unfair to all these people? Isn't it unfair to the king who died because of Count Beth? Isn't it unfair to you, who was going to die on the battlefield leading the army?”

Carol realizes after hearing those facts that were pointed out by Princess Isabelle, daughter of the West Duke.

I AM CAUSING NOTHING BUT TROUBLE FOR HIM. HE BULLIED ME A LITTLE IN THE PAST, BUT NOW ME AND MY FAMILY ARE BECOMING A THREAT TO HIS POSITION, MAKING THEM QUESTION HIS DECREE.

“Are you questioning my law, Isabella?” he asks in anger.

“No, my lord, I just… care about you. Changing the law just for her will tarnish our relation,” she answers, trembling.

“I don't care about you at all, but I hate this girl, and she is a threat to my position as the empress. I am not going to let her go easy," Isabella thinks.

Whispers go around the court.

“Carol Beth is indeed dear to me, but there is another reason for me exonerating the count family.”

Updates are every 3 days.
Thanks for reading, do give us a star and comment.