Epilogue

I opened the door to the house and stepped inside. Today had been an exhausting day and I was happy to finally be home. As I placed my purse on the floor and took of my shoes, I noticed that the house was suspiciously quiet.

With a frown I started walking towards the living room, searching for any sign of life. Pedro was sleeping peacefully on his bed but no one else was around.

I walked back in the hallway and just as I was about to make a turn to look in the kitchen, the door to the storage room opened and I was pulled inside.

A high pitched shriek fled over my lips but was quickly muffled by a hand covering my mouth.

"Shhh."

My wife was staring at me. "Hey, lover." She placed a quick kiss on my lips. "How was your day?"

"Very stressful, had some crazy patients." I pecked her lips again, I could never get enough of her lips. "Why is it so quiet in the house?"

"We're playing hide and seek, so please be quiet. As soon as they know you're home they'll go crazy."

I chuckled. "They will find out sooner or later."

"Then I prefer later." She pushed me gently against the wall and pressed her body against mine. "I have something for us to do, you know."

She inched her face closer, dangerously close. Damn this woman. She always got what she wanted. I closed the distance between us and moaned into the kiss. I could feel her smile at that.

Little footsteps sounded in the hallway. It was only a matter of time till we were found.

Still, we continued making out until the door handle of the storage room started rattling. Alex groaned and pulled away. I smiled at her and put my hand against her cheek.

"Later, love."

Suddenly the door flew open, crashing into the wall, and Dylan and Nora stood in front it. As they saw me they started screaming in excitement and jumped onto me.

Alex had to smile at the interaction. She had the cutest smile whenever she saw our little monsters.

"I'll go set up the table." Alex announced and walked away while I kneeled down to hug my children better.

"Mommy!" Nora, our three year old exclaimed and threw herself around my neck.

Dylan was five years old. I pulled him into my side.

"How was your day, loves?"

"Great!" Nora exclaimed and Dylan nodded excitedly.

"We fed a real bear."

My mouth fell open and I frowned. "You did, yeah?"

They both nodded proudly.

"How about you go wash your hands and then you tell me all about it at dinner?"

"Yes."

They sped off towards the bathroom and made my way to the dinning room.

"So.." I started and Alex looked at me. She was placing the food on the table, some type of casserole and it smelled devine. "Did you do anything special today?"

"No, not really." She shrugged her shoulders. "Morgan came by and dropped off some pumpkin bread. I invited her for dinner on Saturday." She shrugged again. "But apart from that, no."

I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow at her. "So you didn't feed a real bear, yeah?"

Alex met my eyes and started lauging as she came over to me. She pulled me into a hug. "Yeah, it was real dangerous."

"Alex Cohen."

"Oh, full name, that's dangerous." She leaned in closer. "And sexy."

"Stop flirting and tell me what you did with my children."

She pushed a strand of hair behind my ear and I slightly blushed at the affection. "First of all, our children. And relax, love. We went to the zoo, I snuck in some peanuts and we threw them to the bears in the enclosure. I always did that with my dad whenever he took me to the zoo."

I smiled softly, knowing how much this must have meant to her. I kissed her gently. "You're great, you know that?"

She hummed.

Dylan and Nora ran into the room and sat down at the table. They were such good kids.

We all ate together, chatting about everything and nothing, and after we took Pedro for a little walk. He was an old man now, so his walks were shorter.

Once we were home again we brought the kids to bed.

"A small glass of wine?" Alex asked me as I sat down on our couch.

"Yes, please." I smiled at her and turned Netflix on, waiting for her to come back.

She returned, handed me my wine glass and set down right next to me. A sigh of relief escaped over my lips and I leaned my head against her shoulder. 

"Do you want to watch something?"

"I'd actually prefer not to right now, I want to talk to you."

I sat up a little straighter and looked at her. "That sounds serious."

She smiled a litlle and drove her hand through my hair. "It's nothing bad, I promise."

"Ok then."

"What would you say to another child?"

"Oh god." I exclaimed and Alex's eyes widened in surprise. "I thought you'd never ask. Hell yes."

"That was easier than I expected."

"It is an easy decision, love." I put my hand against her neck and pulled her closer to me. "I love you a lot and I wanna raise more mini versions of you. The two we have are awesome."

"They are mini versions of you love. If you'd hear how Nora dictates me around when we cook."

"I guess they are just mini versions of both of us. So yeah, let's raise another mini-us." I connected our lips for a quick kiss. "Besides, you look really hot walking around in only joggers and your bra, burp cloth over your shoulder and baby in arm."

She kissed me this time. "Oh really?"

A humm of approval had to be enough, I was too busy for anything else.

"You never told me."

I just hummed again, kissing her harder.

"You know, if you-"

I groaned and interrupted her again. "God, can you shut up and finally make love to me?"

Alex chuckled, her hands wandering under my shirt. "You don't have to ask twice, love."

And even after all these years, there were still those damn butterflies inside of me.