Chapter Seven

In the evening, after my shift ended, I was laying in my bed and staring at the ceiling. Emma didn't have time for me and so I was left alone, all by myself with my thoughts.

When Alex had left the shop, Morgan emerged from the kitchen once again and questioned me about what happened. I kept it as vague as possible, as if it was nothing special.

But truth be told, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't get her blue eyes, contoured with black eyeliner, out of my head. Her smile as she looked down at me and touched my waist were burned in my mind and I could still feel her hand in mine. Alex was all I could think about.

I started comparing her to Mel. I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself. Alex and Mel were so different from each other -- and not only because of their looks. Their personalities were worlds apart.

While Mel was very feminine in her being, with long, blonde hair, Alex embraced an androgynous side that I liked.

While Alex was soft spoken and careful, Mel always spit out the truth, without any regards.

Alex had not held her word and texted me and I couldn't help but think that she was hitting on some girl in a club right now. And it made me feel bad, I guess. But she was just a friend, obviously. Mel was the only one I wanted.

Deciding to take the reins in my own hands, I grabbed my phone and shot Alex a message. I mean she wanted to text me, so it wasn't that bad that I texted first. Right?

forgot about me already?

Yes, great. Because that didn't sound clingy and needy at all. With a sigh I started to delete the message again and text something else, but a little bubble in the bottom left corner told me that Alex was already responding.

I could never, beautiful.

I smiled and blushed and hugged the phone to my chest like a teenager with a crush. I was being so ridiculous but I couldn't help it.

are the woman not pretty enough to be picked up tonight?

I just had to ask and tease her. No other reason at all. It didn't really interest me. Not at all.

oh no, they are

My mouth fell open and I frowned at the screen. She couldn't be serious right now, could she?

I stopped myself. Who was I to stop her from having fun? I was no one to her, maybe someone to flirt with sometimes when she was bored. I had interpreted way too much into the situation. And I had no right to. I had Mel. I mean we were on a break but we weren't broken up. It was so wrong of me to even think about Alex that way.

but I just can't get in my flirt game mode today

Rolling my eyes, I decided to play along. I would ask for the reason and she would probably say something like because there are too many to choose from.

why?

because I can't get my mind off this one girl.

I scoffed annoyedly. So the girl she wanted to pick up tonight wasn't interested in her. Bad for you Alex, but I didn't really care.

talking about you, do you want to come here?

My heart stuttered a moment as I read the messages over and over again, to make sure I didn't misunderstand anything. My cheeks started to hurt from smiling too much. This smooth ass motherfucker.