Chapter 10

Sitting in my beautiful room waiting for midnight to come is pure torture.

My maids left at ten to give me some privacy before bed so I got out of the uncomfortable dress I was forced into for dinner with the other monarchs and had a very long, very hot shower.

After about thirty minutes of sitting and attempting to read one of the mind numbingly boring books in the large wooden bookshelf by the back wall, I decided to try and distract myself by exploring the room a bit more.

It's not small by any means, with an open layout there are two main rooms plus an overly large walk in wardrobe filled with every piece of clothing imaginable, and a marble bathroom.

The room itself is gorgeous, with floor to ceiling gold rimmed windows that open out onto a semi circle balcony with columns marking the perimeter of it. In the light of the full moon I can even see the evergreen topped mountain ranges of peaks I don't know the names of.

Chiffon curtains flutter slightly in the warm breeze, giving a clear view of the millions of stars on display, none shining brighter than the constellation of the roaring dragon, apparently leading the way to the forgotten, once great and beautiful lands of Teragon.

Wandering out into the night I observe the constellation, it seems so far away but so close at the same time.

My thin, overly-floral nightgown doesn't do much against the warm night-time breeze, so I find a light pink silk robe that covers me a bit more.

"I don't think pinks your colour, Princess." A familiar, rumbling masculine voice taunts from the balcony.

Whipping around, a bemused and out-of-breath Elliott, leaning against one of the pillars on my balcony.

"You're early." A smirk is tossed my way, as I make my way over towards where Elliott is silhouetted against the moonlight.

Leaning my forearms against the cold stone of the palace I stare up at the stars once more, Elliott appears next to me, facing out at the mountains beneath the sky.

"I could feel your impatience from the barracks."

"Funny." He stands there, muscles still tensed and sweat glistening slightly on his brow.

Silence envelopes us as we stand on the stone balcony, only the moonlight and some candles I was practicing with to provide any source of light.

"How did you get up here anyways?"

A smile.

"I climbed." My brows shoot up then right back down to question him.

"This is the third floor." He nods, eyes glistening and mouth straight.

"It would have been much easier to get up here had I still had my wings." That smile fades, the light jumping in his eyes fading.

Just a few words, that's all it took. All it took to zap the comfort out of the silence, for those eyes to dim.

Wings?

"We should talk."

"Whatever you want to know, sunshine." That he was even willing to tell me...

"Tell me everything."

Our eyes connect and he runs a hand through his hair, looking away.