Chapter 18: The Unwanted Charade

Start from the beginning

Beta laughed, "Shakespeare? How quaint. My Master's version involves epic sword fights and hidden dungeons."

Kirito, eyes wide, exclaimed, "Sword fights and dungeons in Romeo and Juliet? What the...?"

Beta, smirking, confidently replied, "Oh, Kuroha-san, only my Master knows this unique rendition."

Kirito, with a sly grin, retorted, "Well, Beta, you see, the original story involves a tragic love affair, feuding families, and a whole lot of drama. No dungeons, no epic sword fights."

Beta, now intrigued, challenged him, "Are you sure about that, Kuroha-san? My Master's version is far more thrilling."

Undeterred, Kirito launched into a lively retelling of the Shakespearean classic, complete with star-crossed lovers, poison, and a dramatic double suicide. Beta listened, growing increasingly bewildered.

As Kirito reached the tragic climax, he concluded with a dramatic flourish, "So, that's the real Romeo and Juliet. No dungeons, no sword fights, just a whole lot of tragedy."

Beta, stunned, stammered, "But... but my Master said..."

Kirito, feeling a twinge of guilt, looked at Beta and said, "Well, maybe your Master is just a prankster or a fantastic liar."

Beta, not willing to let Cid's name be tarnished, narrowed her eyes and retorted, "My Master is a genius storyteller, Kuroha-san. You just don't appreciate the art."

Undeterred, Kirito decided to play along and said, "Sure, Beta. I bet your Master's next masterpiece involves Little Red Riding Hood fighting dragons."

Beta, unfazed, smirked, "Actually, that's absolutely right. But let's focus on the classics, shall we?" She then pulled out a stack of classic tale books.

Kirito, undeterred, started naming the books one by one, "Ah, I see you've got 'Snow White' by Brothers Grimm, 'Alice in Wonderland' by Lewis Carroll, and 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker. Solid choices."

Kirito, with an air of mischief, continued naming the classic tales in Beta's stack

Beta, sinking to her knees dramatically, exclaimed, "No, no, this can't be! My Master's stories are supposed to be unique, not borrowed from the classics!"

Kirito, suppressing a grin, played along, "Beta, it seems your Master might have a penchant for borrowing ideas."

Beta, on the verge of tears, declared,

"But my Master is a literary genius! This can't be true!"

In a fit of resolve, Beta stood up, clenched her fists, and shouted to the heavens, "I'll prove it! I'll prove my Master's innocence, no matter how many classic tales I have to endure!"

Later on...
Kirito strolled through the academy, masterfully dodging Beta's and other girls' usual surprise appearances. He muttered to himself, "Maybe today I can escape the drama."