chapter 3

4 years later

in a realm of boundless prosperity, they reveled in the tapestry of joyfulness and basked in the soothing serenity that adorned their days. The family day was bliss, cradling Genevieve and her cute antics, along with her angelic  face Elijah had become more possessive over his butterfly, feeding her, singing her lullabies to make her sleep, and pampering her. He slept beside her at night, despite their father and mother's insistence that he should live in his room; he turned a deaf ear to them. Genevieve's first spoken words were, "He is Genevieve Elie." Elijah placed kisses on her face, making her giggle.

"I want to make slime. Can we, baby girl?" Elijah said sternly.

"Please, please," Genevieve replied with puppy eyes and a cute pout. His heart melted, and reluctantly, they made slime in the kitchen. Elijah brought the activator and glue, and Genevieve brought her papa's shaving cream, mama's lipstick, and Nutella. They mixed the activator and the ingredients, creating a mess in the kitchen, both grinning like Cheshire cats before playing with slime.

While watching a movie in their theater room, Eva screamed at the creative and messy adventure in the kitchen. There were streaks of colorful lipstick, swirls of Nutella on the countertops, remnants of glue, and shaving cream scattered about. Elijah and Genevieve abruptly stood upright when they saw their mother coming towards them. They made a sheepish smile, and their mother twisted their ears. "Ouch, Mama, that hurts," they said, rubbing their ears to soothe the pain.

"Clean it, or no blueberries for Genevieve," their mother threatened, and Genevieve screamed, revealing her obsession with blueberries. Elijah, embittered at the thought of returning to his old bedroom, complied.

Upon their mom's command, Elijah and Genevieve, armed with cleaning supplies, diligently tackled the aftermath. They wiped away the colorful streaks, scrubbed the countertops, and cleared the scattered utensils. With teamwork, they restored order to the kitchen, leaving it gleaming and free of any traces of their creative yet messy slime-making session.

Exhausted, they lazily went to their room after Elijah helped Genevieve with her school homework, cuddling and watching Avengers. The next morning, James came, pecked on their foreheads, and said, "Kiddos, wake up. We'll go and have some fun." They instantly woke up, driving to their destination.

They went to the Harringtons, participating in a workshop to create Christmas ornaments using the glass-blowing technique. Ella, the artist, guided them, emphasizing not to blow too hard. They created Christmas bubbles, handed them to Sandy for final touches, and made candles by melting wax with drops of Eucalyptus Mint perfume and cherry blossom.

A small boy approached Genevieve, who looked like a fairy

A small boy approached Genevieve, who looked like a fairy. Genevieve greeted him, but Elijah harshly tugged her to his chest, glaring at the boy, saying in a cold tone, "I am only your friend. No boys." Genevieve nodded at his bipolar behavior, accustomed to it since they started going to school together. Elijah had warned her not to make friends with boys; her only best friends were Elijah and Stella.

They returned home, and Eva made their favorite food: grilled salmon, kale-endive salad, and other delights.

They savored their food and family time