Hailey's POV

I stare at the ceiling as the voices surround me. They whisper sinister things. Daddy has returned me to my crib after putting a fresh diaper on so I wouldn't bleed all over the mattress. He told me he loved me as he turned off the light.

We told you to kill him.

You deserved this.

You missed your opportunity when he was vulnerable.

You will never escape.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I screamed, holding my head. Daddy entered my room, "who are you talking to?" Upon hearing his voice in the midst of the others I began crying, reaching for him.

He broke you.

He needed to show me he loved me.

He hurt you.

He's my daddy, he'd never hurt me.

He raped you.

I began screaming again, slamming my head against the bars. I feel Daddy's arms around me as he lifts me out of my cage, holding me firmly in place. "Hailey," he says sternly, "you need to stop throwing a tantrum. I did what I had to and you should be grateful Daddy loves you enough to do that."

I nod in response, clinging to his shirt. Everything inside me tells me this is wrong. Something isn't right. But Daddy wouldn't lie to me. Would he?

"Don't leave me, Daddy," I cried into his shoulder.

His voice was soft as he replied. "I'll never leave you, Hailey Baby. You are mine. Forever."

Prisoner.