Chapter 40

***

This chapter might be a bit short. But believe me... it's still worth it.

***

"You are okay with being alone with me?" Caius asked Juliana after Demetri left the room.

"Yes." Juliana nodded.

"I'm happy to hear that." Caius gave her a small smile. "It tells me that you trust me."

"Not really." She shook her head. "But I'm willing to do this for Caius. I'll do anything for him. But I wanted to ask you. How did you know Caius had a diary? And how did you get it?"

"Aiden" gave her a knowing look that made Juliana nod her head. "Right." She nodded. "You are Caius. At least everyone tells me so."

"Would Caius ever lie to you?" Caius asked.

"No." Juliana shook her head. "But Aiden would."

"Hmm. You're right. He most likely would." Caius agreed with her. "But I will prove to you that I really am Caius."

"How are you planning to do that?"

"I have a way."

"Okay let's play this game for a minute. I now believe that you are Caius." Juliana nodded.

Caius nodded his head. "Remember what I said when I proposed to you?"

"Of course I remember."

"Juliana Whitlock. I have been waiting... I waited for thousands of years. And now when finally you have come to me, I'm not letting go. I know that the beginning of our journey was not ideal. You tried, I didn't. But on that night when we had our first dance in the Volturi ball I knew that I would do anything to keep you safe and happy with me. I waited for thousands of years and I would wait for a thousand more if that's what is needed that I could have you to be mine. So that's why I'm now asking you this... would you Juliana Whitlock make me the happiest man unalive and marry me?"

Juliana's eyes widened and her expression softened. Her arms fell on each side of her loosely. How did he...?

"You can try to say otherwise. But we both know that no one else knows what I said when I proposed to you." Caius gave her a small hopeful smile. "And what did you answer?"

"Yes, yes..." Juliana whispered. "I then jumped in his arms and he wrapped his arms around me."

"Then we?"

"Then we went back to our room."

"Have you been wondering where your ring is?" Caius asked.

"Yes." Juliana nodded.

"I have been taking good care of it." Caius explained and opened the necklace from around his neck and slipped the ring out of the chain. "It dropped after what happened in the throne room. Don't worry, it didn't break."

Caius placed the ring back on her ring finger before gently kissing the back of her hand gently.

(Juliana's POV)

When his lips touched the skin of my hand I gasped when I was pulled into a vision.

My whole time with Caius flashed before my eyes.

The first time I saw him in the throne room, the first time us talking to each other, our dance in the Volturi ball, us starting to spend time together, me moving into his room with him, our first kiss, our first time with each other, all the times we spend together, him proposing me in the garden and lastly me looking in his eyes while the unknown vampire woman was holding me... before killing me. Then everything went black and the vision ended.

When I opened my eyes and looked down I saw a pair of familiar hands holding my hands in his. I moved my gaze up and my eyes fell into a pair of red ruby eyes.

"Caius?"