Chapter 17

It's been a quiet day in the Volturi castle. Caius had just been walking around the castle and its grounds since he had nothing better to do that day.

He hasn't seen anyone in many hours. At the same time he was a little confused but at the same time he didn't really care.

He had gone to see Juliana early this morning and stayed there a few hours.

After that he went to the garden and after that to see Juliana's portrait that he painted of her when she was officially accepted to be a member of the Volturi.

So many memories of her and with her happened in the castle.

Caius had walked past Juliana's first room where she stayed when she first came here and past his painting room where they have painted together a few times.

Then he walked to the throne room. He was surprised that even that room was completely empty from people. No guards or neither Aro or Marcus.

He started to walk around the room and ended sitting on his throne.

When he sat there he looked at the doors and the day when Juliana walked through those doors for the first time filled his mind.

'Edward Culled had just left the room after Aro had refused to kill him and he refused to join them.

Not long after Demetri came to tell them that Edward had tried to expose what he was in the sun to the humans celebrating Saint Marcus' Day. Aro sent Felix and Demitri to get him back to the Kings and lastly he had asked Jane to go as well since it had taken too long.

The guards had them come back with Edward, Alice, Bella and Juliana.

When Caius' eyes met hers for the first time it was like the whole world had just stopped. He immediately became protective over her when he realized he had found his mate. Caius needed to stay calm but it was so hard.

Both Aro and Marcus obviously noticed the sudden change in their brothers behavior and when all the things between Edward Cullen, Bella Swan and the Volturi's were taken care of Caius did not resist when Aro suggested to Alice that Juliana would be staying in Italy.

Alice had then left the room and not long after Juliana had come back in and Aro had explained how things were.

And from that day Caius' and Juliana's story began.'

A small smile played on Caius' lips when he recalled that day.

And although in this room their story had begun and one of the happiest days had taken place, this room also held the saddest moment of his life.

But right now wasn't the right time to think about it. So Caius stood up and left the room.

Lastly he walked past the ballroom where they had their first dance together in the Volturi ball. Few days before that day he had called her a weak woman and been very rude to her. He had regretted it the moment the words left his mouth. But still after all what had happened she still took his hand and was willing to dance with him.

Caius smiled at the memory.

He was just going to continue his stroll around the castle when he turned to look on his left towards the doors of the ballroom. He suddenly saw someone walk in and quickly close the door behind them.

Caius raised his eyebrow and decided to see who it was because he didn't recognise them.

He walked at the door. He placed his hand on the doorknob. The King could hear quiet talking from the inside.

Caius opened the big wooden double doors to the ballroom and walked in.

He stopped on his tracks when in front of him in the room were hundreds of vampires and they all turned to look at him when he stepped in.