Chapter Two

I'm in my Geometry class now, struggling to pay attention to the lesson; Still thinking about the events that transpired before school began. Great, now people probably see me as the loud, violent American new girl. Could this day get any worse?

"Y/N, can you come up to the board and solve this problem?" The teacher asked. Gosh darn it. Everyone turns to look at me as I walk towards the blackboard. I hear whispers and snickers from all around the room. Hmph, jokes on them, I'm actually quite proficient in mathematics, thanks to Papa. Ever since the third grade, I haven't gotten a single question wrong.

As I get closer to the blackboard, I notice the snickers turn into giggles, and they become louder and louder. I don't realize what's happening until... *THUD...* I've been tripped, and I fell head first onto the wood floor. "Oww..." I groan weakly. The throbbing pain in my skull and ringing in my ears were rendering me paralyzed, unable to stand. I swear, whoever tripped me just now is gonna get my foot shoved up their a- And then everything slowly starts fading to black.

I wake up on the... cliff of a mountain? I must be dreaming. I hear humming from behind me, it's a lady's voice. I turn around and I'm in awe at what I see. A beautiful woman with hair like fire, and eyes an emerald sheen. Wind flows through her hair as she rocks the baby in her arms and twirls around, humming what seems to be a lullaby.

This lullaby sounds familiar... Then, realization hit me like a truck. This is my mother, and the baby she's holding is me. Then all of a sudden, darkness starts surrounding us. My mom stops humming and twirling and looks around in disarray.

"Mom!?" I call to her loudly. She looks right at me with wide eyes. "Y/N! You must-" Darkness shrouds us completely and I immediately start running in her direction.

"MOM!"

I wake up for real this time, in the nurses office. I spring up, standing, panting heavily. What the hell was that dream?! I look towards the door of the nurses office and the last person I want to see comes into view.