-07-

Y/N took a seat at the back of the class. Her eyes were searching for Megumi amongst all the students. There he was, sitting all the way to the front. She could only see his hair.

"Okay, class, yesterday was a pretty amazing practice court. Y/N gained her first default A and Megumi, his first F. Have any of you taken notes on the matter that you would love to share?" Gojo asks.

Someone rose their hand. "Yes, Maki."

"I feel like both should've gotten a fail."

The statement surprised Gojo. "Really? And why is that?"

"Well, not only did Megumi storm out of class after his argumentative tone, Y/N had a lot of improv work to work on. Neither of them had a story, and they were going back and forth on the stand due to hearsay. The entire argument was hearsay."

"See why you're my favorite? And noticed I said "default A."" Gojo says, looking straight at Y/N. She felt embarrassed and honestly didn't even want the A anymore.

"I agree with Maki even though it was a muse to watch." Gojo began writing on the board.

"Let's tackle the topic on what not to say when defending your client."

Class went on, and Y/N kept throwing glances at Megumi, barely catching a piece of his hair. Last night was even more embarrassing. She listened to him have sex with that girl and then touched herself to the thought of him afterward.

He seems like a jerk, though. Like he's above everyone else in here. Y/N just took notes and tried to get her act out of her mind.

"Alright, before I dismiss all of you, there is going to be a group assignment for practice court next week. You would be given a case, and four of you will have to figure out how to win against another group of four. I'll send the list to your emails, class dismissed."

Everyone began pouring out, but Y/N took her time. Gojo noticed Y/N still sitting there even after everyone left and exhaled.

"Y/N!" He calls. Y/N blinked, tearing her eyes from the exit and entrance of the classroom. She noticed the empty class and cussed herself as she got up.

"Sorry."

"No, it's okay."

Y/N packed her things and made it to the front of the class. Gojo is leaning against the desk, looking at her.

"Can I give you a bit of advice?" Gojo says, stopping the girl in her tracks. Y/N looked back at him.

"On what?"

"Megumi."

"Megumi?"

"Yeah."

"Umm... okay?"

"Megumi is an unbeatable person in this class. But here comes the newbie transfer student from the upstate and suddenly bombs him during her first practice court." He grinned. "He's serious when it comes to his grades. But it's peculiar to see him lose."

"Okay, where are you going with this?"

"Maybe you shouldn't challenge him if you want to graduate."

Y/N smiled. "I have five more years here, I think I could manage." Y/N left the room and shook her head. "What is he the fucking Albert Einstein of law?" She shook her head and took a left turn. She was meant to go right but didn't realize her mistake until she came into contact with someone.

This time, something hot touched her skin. Y/N winced, dropping her bag and books.

"Fuck." She pulled her shirt and blew air from her mouth. She looked up at the person, and to her amusement, it was Megumi.