CHAPTER 25: PSYCHIC

NEW ORLEANS

"Wow, I've never seen anything like this before" doctor Brown said. "Is something wrong?" Klaus asked her. "no. not really. The baby's progression is very fast. Even faster than a werewolf pregnancy." The woman told them, looking at the ultrasound machine. "Something tells me he is going to be here in a few weeks, if not days" she told them.

Bonnie felt so nervous. "But everything is fine, right?" she asked her doctor. The doctor was still stunned, to say the least. "I don't see any problems. All we have to do is be readily prepared for your delivery," she said, assuring bonnie. "Would you like to hear his heartbeat?" doctor Brown asked her, knowing how much the witch loved to hear her son's heartbeat.

"yes" Bonnie nodded expectantly. It was her favorite part, to hear the heartbeat. Everyone but her could hear it. So she always appreciated having her appointments. The doctor turned the sound on, and Bonnie shed tears as she always did in that kind of moment. Klaus held her hand. A look of pure happiness painting his face.

After cleaning her up, Klaus help her up and off the bed. The doctor decided to give them some privacy, and made her way out of their fully operational hospital room. "Can you believe it? He's going to be here in no time. I can't wait" Bonnie commented. Klaus was also happy, although he had his own reservations about having their son in their arms.

"By the looks of it, love, he can't wait either." A smile graced his face. Bonnie could see the uncertainty in his eyes. "You are going to be a great father, Nik" she told him, a hand to his cheek. "How are you so certain of that, love?" he asked. his voice lacked his normal confidence and arrogance.

"I just know" she shrugged. "I did not have the best example of what a great father is, my love. So I ask you again, how are you so confident that I will be a good father?" Klaus questioned her. Bonnie had always spoken light into their relationship, she did the same for their future as parents. With everything he had done, and all that he was, Klaus was always surprised to see how much Bonnie believed in him. how she believed he would be a great father, she made sure to say it at any turn.

"Because just like you, I didn't have the best parents. Now, my parents can't rival yours," Klaus chuckled at her comment. "What I mean to say is that we weren't dealt the best cards in the parents department, Nik, but I know what I want for my son. I know you want the same for him too. We both want him to be happy, healthy, and showered with all the love and toys money can buy. Although the last part is mainly you" she said jokingly.

"I believe that with everything, we know exactly the kind of parents we don't want to be. I don't want to be the kind of mother who ups and leaves her child behind. And you... I know you will do everything in your power to love and protect our son. How do I know? Its because of the way you are with me. Its how you love me, Nik. I have seen first hand, how you love, how protective you are, and I think our son will be just fine. I think we have it under the bag" Bonnie said, smiling at the thought.

Klaus stared at her. He stared at the woman before him. she was everything he never knew he needed. She was everything he knew he didn't deserve. "Are you sure?" he asked. Bonnie giggled, "Its not like we can turn back and have me not be pregnant again, Nik. Of course I'm sure. I just feel it." She said. Bonnie was certain that they were going to be the best parent to their son. She wanted it to be so. With the help of their family and her friends, her son was going to be loved.

Klaus kissed her. with all the passion he could muster, he held her closer. They both shared a kiss. Never wanting to let go. Bonnie was the first to put some distance between them. With her still sitting on the bed, Klaus standing between her legs, the distance was far too short. "We have somewhere to be, remember??" she said.