0.05| Can't Wait to Tell This Story To my Grandchildren

Start from the beginning

There was no answer for a little while. Tension could be felt for a miles away. That's how this relationship worked. Sir would complain about his incompetence and all he could do was be polite. He clenched his fists.

Submit.

Otherwise a nasty punishment would await him and he wouldn'tenjoy that one bit.

"I was trained not to miss, sir".

"Go make sure of it Maša".

"Copy sir" said a woman's voice.

The sharpshooter sighed. This was too much tension for his health. But there's one thing he was sure of.

I never miss.

Even though this was their's first mission. Failure was not an option. Not for him, neither his sister. He was just trying to reassure himself.

"What's taking you you long!?" agitated voice spoken from a walkie-talkie.

Goddammit please, I beg I didn't miss.

"Target eliminated".

At that sole moment, all tension was lifted from his body and he sighed heavily.

<1967>
Unknown location, Russia

Shouting was heard through all rooms in their barracks. Fucking hellhole.

"This will help you" they said. Did it help?

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Who would have guessed that this special DNA serum would make us go through hours of pure agony and pain?

Yeah, me neither!

First it was mild, but then the "fun" started...why would they do something that could possibly damage their best products?

Four specific screams were heard. One high-pitched belonged to woman, not older that 20. And the other three voices belonged to men, nearly the same age.

They took the part in the most deadly team called M.O.R. Trained and created by the nazist organisation called H.Y.D.R.A.

Four members, one more deadlier than other in their own specific way.

Hand to hand combat: Uraš Trifonov

Sharpshooter: Rafael Moreno

Knifes: Mikhaila Syankova

All-in-one: Gabriel Zvolensky

All of them were forced to take a serum that changed their genetics. There chances for survival were always low, but this time...their DNA was mixing with those of animals, which meant even lower that usual.

Gabriel was given a serum with DNA modification of shark. He bared his teeth at everyone he saw. Quite a terrible sight.

Mikhaila was given the serum with snake modification, Rafael did take an eagle DNA serum and lastly Uraš that of gorilla.

Everything in their bodies was slowly changing, senses were hightening.

After agonising few hours all pain subdued. "The process is now complete" doctors wore an unreadable expressions afraid of a failure, they took few steps back. Though they expression changed, maybe it was one of adoration for their strength or one of a pity.

Loud footsteps were heard from the outside of the door. Soldiers kept marching to make sure, that said products weren't too dangerous to meet higher-ups.

General Amir Khamurzov

The man behind all this madness. He was one of the soldiers that came to the orphanage years ago and Uraš saw what he did. Capturing kids like guinea pigs.

Said children were later on trained to become assassins. Endurance tests and rought training to keep them in shape. But that wasn't the worst.

Leaving exam.

That was just so messed up. He still remembered the face of the comrad he had to kill. Those pleading eyes he keeps on having nightmares of and those agonising screams. Uraš could remember every one of his victims.

Not to mention, this peculiar exam was taken when you were considered an adult. So basically 18 year old kids killing one another in a room full of H.Y.D.R.A soldiers, while General jackass laughed his ass off.

If it wasn't for my sister I would be already dead.

Another fucked up thing in this wonderful system was being held hostage and manipulated by their own fears. There was no machine that would erase their memories, so they couldn't become a mindless dolls.

Oh how I wish we had one.

From an young age the soldiers made them develop their fears (fobias). My one and true love was called nyctophobia [fear of darkness].

If he fucked up something, he was locked in a room with no light, just empty place full of darkness. And all of us know why people fear darkness.

What if I'm not here alone.

An interesting thing, this brain of ours. He knew, he was irrational, but he swore that he could hear something down there in that room.

‐------------‐--------‐--------‐--------‐--------

Fun facts:

Mikhaila has thalassofobia.
(you read her memory of it)

Rafael has claustrophobia
(as I mentioned in introduction)

Gabriel has not obtained any fear, because he was very obedient, also General (or person called Sir) had a massive influence on him.

With love, Autor-san.