I wanted to be the first one to tell her that the side that she hides from everyone is a lot stronger than the one she puts up. To tell her that she can speak to me about the way small things, and comments, hurt her but she hides it. Ask her what is going inside that head of hers when she smiles within herself or when a smile suddenly vanishes.

I've noticed these small details about her which makes her more interesting.

One thing I happened to observe is that her face has this vivid emotion present on it every time someone mentions Skintone. Let it be someone else or hers. I wanted to know what was behind that expression.

Was she insecure about it? Or is it something else?

My trance broke because of my phone's ringtone, I looked at the caller ID.

Chamatkar.

I instantly picked up the phone and ran my fingers through my hair to settle them.

It's not even a video call, Sahil.

Right. My bad. Accepting the call I heard her speaking with an accent "Holaa, how are you doing, bud?"

"Good, what about you?" I asked after letting out a chuckle at her fake accent.

Such a drama queen she is.

"I'm just okay, Rohini Aunty sent Gavar ki sabzi. I don't even like it but I have to eat it anyway. I realize why people use Gavar as an insult, it tastes bad. Some people taste bad, too" She said and my phone beeped with a request to switch to video call by her. I accepted it and once again ran my fingers through my hair.

I knew she would switch it later. It's day 51 of a long-distance friendship. I'm used to this now.

"You taste people?" I asked her in the context of her previous sentence.

"No, but I would like to," she said and I could see her wink via screen. I coughed at this sudden flirt of hers.

"Chill, Mr Softie, I'll not bite you, at least not now. Arey, bite se yaad aaya. That dog of your favorite aunty, problem kya hai usko merese fhirse mere piche aaya tha almost bite karliya tha. Aunty toh pure killer looks deti hai aur unka kutta hunter wale. Ek toh mere vajeh se Kirti bichari phas jati hai. Mai keeda kandi karti hu aur dusra woh shishimaru kutta usko pura garden bhagaya. Mere sath bahar aane mei double thoughts aajate hai Kirti ko. Ek din mere saare rishte kharab karke manege yeh kutte, akele reh jana hai maine unke vajeh se"

[From bite, it clicked me. That dog of your favourite aunty, what is his problem with me? Once again he ran behind me and almost bit me. Aunty already gives me killer looks and her dog gives hunter ones. On top of that, Poor Kirti ran the whole garden because this shishimaru dog was behind her, all thanks to me. She gets double thoughts every time we go out together. One day these dogs will ruin all my relations, and I'll be left alone in the world.]

"Arey, Meri sherni kutto se darti hai? Wah," I said and laughed after seeing her reaction to getting caught red-handed.
[My lioness is scared of dogs? Wow!]

"I'm not scared. I just have a love-hate relationship with them. I  talk with them politely, give them respect and some of them bark at me in return. Some are good though, they just stare at me" She took a morsel of gavar ki sabzi filled in roti and made a face before eating it.