"Going deep into enemy territory was not the plan, Shockwave," Optimus replies. Shockwave chuckles.

"The Decepticons had the technology I needed, it's just unfortunate that lab didn't survive," Shockwave says. There's jet engines from above and Shockwave splits from Optimus to go apprehend the Seekers chasing after them. Decepticons chase after Optimus from behind.

-Do they know you are in possession of the Allspark?- Optimus' voice comes through.

"If they're spending this much resources to chase after us, I'd say yes," Shockwave replies, blasting their cannon towards the Seekers. They shoot the three Decepticons down and quickly rain fire from above at the Decepticon vehicles chasing after Optimus.

-Appreciated, Shockwave.-

"I've got your back, darling," Shockwave replies fondly as they meet up with him again. There's a loud sonic boom from above as Thundercracker and Skywarp suddenly come into the scene. Starscream is close behind. "Oh no," Shockwave breathes.

"If they're here then-" Optimus is cut off as a bright purple cannon blast shoots through Shockwave. Shockwave yells out in pain as shrapnel flies from their frame and they crash onto the highway, slamming into the wall. Energon leaks from their altmode as smoke begins to billow. "SHOCKWAVE!" Optimus cries out. "Optimus to Ratchet, I need you and backup at these coordinates NOW!" Optimus yells into his comm. link.

"You thought you could sneak into Decepticon territory, Prime?!" Megatron's voice booms from above. He drops down from a nearby building and Soundwave is beside him. "With the Allspark too, no doubt... Why if you weren't trying so hard to hide from us, I'd consider it a peace offering."

"I won't let you get your servos on the Allspark, Megatron," Optimus glares. "You'll never stop at one planet to rule over."

"You're right... With the Allspark in servo, our conquest for the galaxy would be real," Megatron boasts. Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker land nearby and Optimus grits his derma, knowing he's outnumbered. As the Decepticons surround him, Optimus slowly backs towards Shockwave. He brandishes his axe, ready to protect Shockwave. There's revving in the distance and a jet engine in the air.

Fire quickly rains down around Optimus, forcing the Decepticons away from him.

"Anyone call for backup?" Powerglide asks. Bumblebee, Brawn, Jazz, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker provide cover fire and Megatron growls in frustration. Ratchet makes it into the area and immediately goes to Shockwave.

"We got this, Prime!" Jazz yells. "Get Shockwave outta here!" Optimus nods and transforms into his altmode, Ratchet hauling Shockwave onto Optimus as he begins to race down the highway.

"Are they going to make it?" Optimus asks.

"They've lost a lot of energon, Megatron's cannon took out nearly all of their helm," Ratchet says. "We need to hook them up to life support as soon as we get back to base." Optimus doesn't reply and instead focuses on driving the three back to base. Ratchet does his best to stabilise them, knowing how far away it is.

Autobot Base

They make it and Optimus immediately transforms once Ironhide grabs Shockwave's frame, the three of them booking it to the medbay. Ironhide lays Shockwave down onto the medical table.

"I have to activate their transformation sequence," Ratchet says. He reaches to the back of their altmode and presses at a seam where their t-cog is. Shockwave transforms and lays on the berth. Optimus lets out a sigh of relief when he sees their frame hasn't greyed but his face immediately drops when he sees Shockwave's helm. He can't even see if their optics are offline with how mangled and destroyed most of their helm is. "We don't have the resources to fully replace their helm... I'm going to have to improvise." Ratchet wastes no time getting them hooked up and shoos Ironhide and Optimus out of the medbay.