helpless

part #1: mind

I imagine myself crossing the ocean. It's vast and the cold doesn't bother me. I realize I can swim even though I've never swam before. I come to shore and in front of me is a scene I could never imagine. There is destruction and sadness and loneliness. There is nothing alive or moving for miles and miles. I cross the beach and find more rubble and destroyed homes. I see a half standing building and find a group of people there. They are talking in a language that I don't understand, however their voices are filled with grief and deep tiredness. I am out of place and unable to communicate however I want to help. I have brought with me nothing of use to these people but my mind and body. I ask and pray and there appears a large pack of bottled water and cooked rice. I offer the food to those in need. After serving 50 people the food runs out however their plates refill itself and I serve them again.

I want to do more. I want to help in other ways. Above us the sky is gray and filled with planes. There is constant bombing and bullets firing. I find cover under a broken building and wait for it to stop. I have never imagined or heard such sounds and am terrified. To say I am afraid feels like I am robbing those who endured this trauma for years and years. I want to do something about those sounds and bullets. I want to cover the sky with a clear blanket that extends the land so no child, woman or man can hear the planes and drones. So not a single bomb touches their land.

How can I achieve this? Where can I get this strength and power? Is the empathy in my soul enough to stop this?