Chapter 11

"'Oh no'?" Olive echoed, worry making her voice shake. "Is something wrong?"

Limelight whisked her tail. "Oh, nothing to worry about," She assured Olive.

Icepaw furrowed her eyebrows. "Then why 'oh no'? What are you meowing about?"

Limelight frowned. "I just didn't realize - Pearpaw, what did you use for the treatment?"

"H-horsetail," Pearpaw stammered, shrinking under her pelt. "Marigold and Cobweb."

Limelight's eyes narrowed. "What first?"

"Uh-," Pearpaw swallowed the lump forming in her throat, trying to remember.

"Marigold," Icepaw supplied, with a sideways glance at Pearpaw. "Because you made a big deal out of it."

"May I sit?" Olive asked Limelight politely.

The medicine cat nodded and gently mewed, "Yes." then turned back to her apprentice. "And then?"

"Horsetail," Pearpaw recalled, "and then cobweb."

Limelight let out a sigh of relief as she sat down. "Good job, Pearpaw. I knew I took you as my apprentice for a reason."

Pearpaw's chest swelled with pride as Limelight turned to Olive and mewed, "Alright, you're good."

Olive paused. "Good? Like, I can go-?"

"Oh, no," Limelight said quickly. "You have to stay for about another...moon here in ThunderClan - if not in this very den."

Olive sat down. "What's a moon?"

"Every...new moon starting," Limelight explained.

Olive flicked her ears. "That's confusing. A moon is every new moon? Why not just call it a - oh, I get it." She drew an ear over her ear (OMG, AN EAR?? I MEANT A PAW OVER HER EAR😭)

Icepaw sniggered.

"Don't get too comfortable," Limelight warned, eyes flashing. Her gaze was hard to read. There was concern, amusement and fear lighting her green depths, but covering it was a thick layer of ire. "Emberstar will see if you stay in ThunderClan or not."

So, December_Jones, I KID YOU NOT, I WROTE ACORNSTAR INSTEAD OF EMBERSTAR 😭😭😭

Olive looked disconcerted. "But I don't want to stay here." The words came out small, in a breath, but it echoed in the big den, making it ten times louder.

"You don't?" Icepaw asked, ears flicking in curiosity.

Olive furrowed her eyebrows, green eyes soft. "Well, that's not true. I do get lonely sometimes. And it's nice to know I have cat's looking after me as I grow old and know that my kit's won't have to go through such hardships..." She trailed off with a wistful sigh. "Okay, I'll try to get in."

Olive sat patiently in her spot beneath the highledge. Her back was stretched high enough to be respectable, but also comfortable, with her tail wrapped around her legs.

Emberstar shook her pelt, "I have thought about your request of staying here." After she meowed this, she let out a weary cough.

There were several yowls of protest, and Pearpaw saw that these cat's were positioned at the very front, heads tilted back to show their anger. Pearpaw narrowed her eyes as she saw Thriftpaw in this group. When her sister spotted the medicine cat apprentice, her voice faltered and the rage she wore changed to a look of pure guilt.

Emberstar raised her tail for silence. "I will make this decision," She hissed, hunching forwards, as if she was cold and she wanted to contain all the warmth she had left. "All I want is your silence."

The clan's protests faded with wide eyes, shocked by the new hostility of the clan leader. Pearpaw and Limelight exchanged worried glances.

"Olive," rasped the ThunderClan leader.

The black she-cat shifted her gaze to Emberstar respectfully.

"Is it your wish to become a loyal warrior of ThunderClan?"

"Or a loyal queen!" Moonwatcher called, drawing a few chuckles from the gathered cats.

Emberstar smiled. "Yes, a loyal queen."

Olive sat straighter. "It is my wish. I wish for my kit's to grow up with the family I never had, and clanmates to rely on."

"Then by the name of StarClan, I hereby announce you as a warrior of ThunderClan," Emberstar finally sat up. "You're warrior name, from now on until you wish, or must, change it, is Olivestone."

There were a few cheers, led by Pearpaw and Icepaw, Hailtooth and Limelight loudly following.

"There is one more announcement," Emberstar continued. "Grayfang, Aquabreeze-," (not sure where I was going w that name, tbh) "you have been loyal warriors for many many moons. You have earnt a long rest, and by your request, you will now have that rest by spending the rest of your days being cared for and treated in the elder den."

Snoutscratch looked delighted as he circled the two new elders. "I have been lonely for moons!" He exclaimed. "Some company at last!"

ok, so srry for waiting AGES TO PUBLISH THIS CHAPTER BUT I'M ON HOLIDAY SO HA!

Merry Christmas!

Grayfang looked as if he was regretting his decision, but offered the elder a sideways, dubious smile anyway and said, "Sure."

Aquabreeze swatted her brother with her tail and turned back to Snoutscratch. "Company is what we will be." She purred.

Pearpaw's heart swelled with affection as the new elder touched her nose to Snoutscratch's. Everyone should have a friend like that - for example, her and Icepaw!

Snoutscratch flicked his tail towards Leopardpaws. "You're next," He told the graying she-cat.

Leopardpaws sniffed. "No thanks."

Acornstar - OMG WHY, DECEMBER_JONES, UR TAINTING MY WORK - *Emberstar gave a dismissive wave of her tail. "I think Snowfall will be next in the elder den."

Snowfall gasped and stamped his foot dramatically. "I beg to differ!" Goldsand looked at her mate with a comforting expression as he spluttered in outrage. Blackpaw narrowed his eyes and Duskypaw hooted with laughter. "Duskypaw!" Snowfall cried. "Shift your hatred to Goldsand! I didn't choose your name!"

Duskypaw gasped and Goldsand's eyes flashed. "You said you liked the name!"

"I thought you meant Dustykit!" Snowfall retorted.

Duskypaw covered his ears with both front paws. "Please stop. I like my name."

Pearpaw was to busy to notice the kerfuffle, eyes were fixed on Blackpaw's expression. He looked so angry, it was dangerous. What was he angry about?Watch out for the one with the rage that controls their actions

Blackpaw then swung his gaze to Pearpaw's, sending a chill through her bones.

Is this you, Blackpaw? Will you doom us all?