Part 3

"Bye Ash, nice meeting you Leah!" Grace cheered as she closed the door to my car. "Right let's go get you a tyre, here's my phone you can go on Spotify if you like?" I offered as I started to pull out and head to the garage. "Ooo you have some good playlists" Leah exclaimed as she put on one of my more chill playlists with Shirt by SZA coming through my speakers, I smiled nodding my head to the beat as I looked across at the blonde as we stopped at a red light. Taking in her side profile before glancing at the traffic light noticing it's still red before looking at Leah noticing she's looking at me with a small smile gracing her lips, I love her smile it's so infectious, especially when it meets her eyes, rudely pulled from my gaze and thoughts I set off noticing the light was now green. Leah giggling as I blushed "what happened to your eye?" "Oh forgot about that haha, it happened in my last game. Ended up getting an elbow straight to the face in a tackle" I shrugged pulling up into my local mechanics. "Does it hurt?" Concern taking over Leah's face as I parked the car. "Did at the time but you kinda get used to it with rugby, always coming out with stud marks, and bruises". I looked across at her as she raised a hand to my face, gently outlining the bruise surrounding my eye before clearing her throat with a slight blush. "R-right erm, s-should we get a tyre?" Nodding at her I jumped out and ran to her side opening the door for her as she stepped out, giving me a timid smile "t-thank you".

Entering the garage I take a note of what mechanics are in before spotting one of my good friends "hey Jack!" "Back again Ash? What you doing to your car now?" The dirty blonde questioned as he grabbed a rag to wipe his hands before heading over. "Not for me this time, I need a tyre for my erm f-friend here, hers has got a screw in it" not knowing what to call Leah in this situation, if she even wants to be my friend? "Sure you got the details? Hi, I'm Jack" "hey I'm Leah, nice to meet you" they introduced each other as I pulled out a note with the correct tyre sizing and tread. "Right two minutes I'll go grab one for you!" Jack replied running off to the back of the garage.

"So you come here a lot then?" Leah questioned as she turned to me "huh, oh yeah I like to work on my car a lot, also find it quite therapeutic if I'm honest". Rubbing the back of my neck as I looked at her. "It's a nice car, you can tell you look after it." "Oh yeah it's been my dream car since I was a kid, so as soon as I could afford it, I bought one. It's been my baby ever since" laughing as we turned to look at my black 1969 Ford Mustang.

Leah's POV:

She looks so cute all flustered talking about her "baby". She seems shy but also confident? "Hey guys, got you a tyre to the specs you need, want me to add it to your tab Ash?" Jack bounced over interrupting my thoughts "ye sure thanks Jack! See ya later" "woahh wait, you sure? I can buy it?" I quickly argued as Ash took the tyre and headed back to her car with me following. "Tell you what, take me for coffee and we are even?" Oh ok she's confident again "erm o-okay, s-sure!" I stuttered out, confused as I'm never one to stutter but also happy as I want to get to know this tall captain more. "Cool, come on then let's get your car sorted". The brunette replied opening the car door again for me, ugh she's so sweet! Once settled in she moves her arm to behind my seat as she reverses out, oh fuck, that's attractive "you can put your music back on if you want, my phones there" she nodded with her head to the centre console as we started the journey back to the training grounds.

"Thank you so much for doing this! I can't thank you enough" I blushed as she pulled her t shirt down from in riding up after changing the tyre. "No problem at all, but I'll take your number so I can cash in my coffee?" She smirked noticing my blush only for it get worse at remembering the coffee date? Is it a date? Or just a thank you? Or a get to know you type thing? Oh god this girls got my head in a spin! "Unless you d-don't want to, that's fine, I-I j-just.." "oh no I'd love to here put your number in my phone". I quickly interrupted her noticing I was caught in my thoughts instead of answering, which made Ash overthink. "Here you go, you okay getting back?" She asked as she handed my phone back. "Oh erm yeah! all good now, thank you so much!" I quickly answered knowing I was supposed to be at Beth and Vivs house straight after training. "R-right well, I'll see you tomorrow for training?" "Yeah! See you tomorrow Ash!" I answered before jumping in my car. Why am I so nervous around her? Oh god I need to get to Beth's.

"Hey girls, sorry I'm late had a car issue". I excused as I walked into the house all the girls looking up at me from the living room. "You ok Leah?" "Why are you so red?" "Did you run here?" "You should have called, we could have helped". The team all talked at once. "Oh erm, no I didn't run, e-erm Ash helped me out". Going quieter towards the end noticing how hot my cheeks feel. "Wait that doesn't explain why you're blushing?" Katie questioned, nothing seems to get passed her. "Ohhhhh you're blushing from a certain tall rugby captain!" Beth ribbed as she put an arm over my shoulder to bring me over to sit down as all the girls started asking what happened. "Right, right ok girls calm down, what happened Leah?" Kim asked the ever sensible one. "O-oh erm, she took me to a garage after dropping Grace off and bought a tyre and fitted it for me" I shrugged blush still clear on my cheeks. "What she bought you a tyre?" "What else happened?" The all started talking again clearly excited. "E-erm she gave me a number and said I could buy her coffee for it" I muttered knowing what's gonna happen next. "OMG, I told you she was your type!" "You've got a date!" "I-I don't know if it's a date? It could just be a thank you". I tried to calm them down but obviously didn't work out as I now had Katie, Jen and Beth sat next to me with there phones out to look at her socials. "Ooo let me go on Tiktok, I bet there's edits of her!" And let me put it this way, I was a blushing mess after watching edits with her lifting up her shirt in games, her game face at the start of games, some of her tackles she has made. Ugh god I'm in trouble. "Look she even has a game face like you Leah!"
Beep beep
My phone buzzed interrupting the girls gushing over Ash, only for me to see a notification from her.
"AshGrayson06 followed you"

AN: hey guys, so hopefully you're enjoying this so far. I'll probs update a couple more today to get the story going. Remember to comment and vote if you're enjoying this 🥹