| 1993 - Vegas |

San Diego, California, 1993

24 Years Old

Lorelei had been living in Amato territory for the past seven months, surrounded by dozens of hate-filled relatives of Apollo. While she was having a hard time adjusting to her new home, her now fiance was enjoying every second that he could disturb the peace of the mansion with just their presence.

If that wasn't enough, he had sworn to Lori the walls were soundproof and enjoyed his fucked up version of the quiet game. Except, being quiet was not the objective and the walls were very much not soundproof.

Andreas had requested their wing to be closed off to the rest of the house, but Apollo had threatened anyone who came near where Lorelei slept.

But, when he wasn't causing unnecessary chaos, he was trying to convince Lori to marry him. He hadn't been one to want a grand wedding, and even if he did the pair had been shunned by the entire Amato family. Of course, Apollo still tended to his duties as the next Don, but no one was happy that the son Andreas provided turned out to be a disloyal, family-hating son of a bitch.

He didn't hate his family. He loved Lorelei more than anything and everyone else was there by coincidence of the universe. He wouldn't accept anyone who disliked his woman and he certainly wouldn't tolerate them just because of some silly genetic tie.

Apollo was a patient man, but when he wanted something badly enough, there was no stopping him. He had made his mind up given the offer his father had presented to him earlier in the night, and now he wasn't giving Lori an option.

"We're getting married." He stated calmly as he rubbed circles into her bare skin. She let out a heavy sigh and turned her head back to look at him.

"You didn't ask me to marry you." She huffed and rolled over all the way to face him in their large bed.

"I don't need to. You're mine. The rest is just paperwork. The date is set, find a dress." Apollo had long made his mind up about who his wife would be and truly didn't want anything else before he could legally take her.

"What day?" Lori shut her eyes and tried to calm her erratic heartbeat.

"Tonight. Tell me what dress you want so we can get it. We're leaving after the ceremony." Apollo lifted himself from the bed, leaving her in the coldness of his empty spot to ponder his words.

The ceremony was nothing like Lori had expected. She did find a dress she loved on such short notice, however she couldn't bring herself to be too excited, because she knew her wedding would be anything but a fairytale.

They had no family. Apollo's family wouldn't ever accept Lori as one of them and Lori's parents weren't allowed to be on the Amato premises for the same reason. And yet, despite this, Apollo had hired the best wedding decorators he could find. The place was magnificently glammed out in expensive silks, feathers, and diamonds. It was breathtaking.

After the ceremony that consisted of the newlyweds and their pastor, the couple headed straight back to their bedroom. Only, when Lori opened the door, the bedroom was completely empty save for one small table and on top of it, a set of keys. She stepped forward into the room to examine the peculiar metal pair and when she turned to her husband with the keys in hand, he smiled larger than ever.

"We're moving to Vegas, baby."

Las Vegas, Nevada, Amato Mansion, 1993

Life in Vegas was everything that Apollo had dreamed of. His father had so generously gifted Apollo with his very own division of Mafia de Amato based in Nevada where a newly built mansion sat in the middle of nowhere.