Saving You From Me

A/N: I disappeared again, I know, and I'm sorry. I can't promise continuous updates, but I'll do it as much as I can when I'm in a good mental space.

Also, damn the reads and my followers really spiked up, huh? It makes me kind of sad that the book is nearing its end (kind of) not really, but it's on its way there. Hope y'all read my other books too!

The comments have all been sweet, I hope you enjoy this chapter just as much as the others. Lemme know if y'all find any grammatical errors, I'm sleepy as fuck.

-

"You had me worried sick Isabela! Your sister's been missing and you think it's a good idea to sneak off like that?" Julieta says, her eyebrows knitted in worry. The stress on her face made her look older than usual, but of course, her good genes made her still look as beautiful as ever.

You came across her on the way back to your house as soon as the sun rose. It was the first one you shared with Isabela since the breakup. But it was refreshing to start the day with her again, like old times. An experience you had longed for since the last you did it.

Isabela had always been your midnight love. Those short moments you held onto so tightly, that you could not let go of even if it left pain residing in your heart. That was the last emotion you could feel as proof of still being alive. Pain from not being acknowledged as her true lover, or from being forced to hide what screams to be seen.

But that made it all the more intimate. How you held her in the night with the moon being the only audience, and how you chased each other and danced so ridiculously in the flower field that inspired her very gift.

How you watched your reflections against a river shining under the moonlight and expressed your love in every different way that existed. The very time when you declared you would be hers, forever and always... Whether or not it was written in the stars.

She was your flower, who bloomed beautifully in the night, who kept herself closed off from everyone except you. It was the very reason for how it shocked you to see her flourish under the sun with the wind blowing against her hair, head thrown back with laughter like the little girl she had long lost.

You marveled at how easy it was for them to hurt that little girl, knowing how much strength it took for her to get over it. Right then and there, watching her from afar, you fell in love with her all over again. There was nothing about her that you didn't love.

"Lo siento mamá. I just couldn't sleep, not without Mirabel with us..." Isabela states shortly, looking down in embarrassment. "But I wasn't alone the entire time."

You nod beside her, hopefully assuring the older woman. "We happened upon each other while we were searching for Mirabel. I apologize as well, tía."

She sighs shortly before pulling the two of you in a hug. "What matters is that the two of you are safe. I'm glad... that you still have each other. You should both get some sleep."

You stiffen at the same time, knowing that although it was a chance meeting- even if it felt like destiny to meet by accident, didn't mean that things were still the same.

Deep down, you both knew that there was no chance things would go back to the way they were before. After all, change is one of the constant things this world has.

Julieta looks between the two of you, an air of awkward silence envelopes the scene before she cups each of your cheeks. "It's normal to have problems... what matters is how you handle it. But believe me when I say... all I see are two women who are still madly in love with one another. I'll always wish for love between you to grow."