Sparks Fly Around Us

A/N: Decided to release a chapter today coz I genuinely enjoy writing about Isa 😭 even though I'm tired as heck and have a lot of stuff to do 😀

I also want to thank all my consistent voters and readers. I love y'all. You make writing this book much more fun.

If you guys have any requests for the book, don't hesitate to message!! I'll see if I can sneak it in since I also have a hard time thinking up scenes sometimes.

Enjoy the chapter!!

———————————————————

After cleaning up La Casa Madrigal when all the guests left, we make our way to Isabela's room. The others wanted to hang out a bit before heading to sleep.

Now here we all were, cramped up on Isabela's bed. "Seriously, can't you all just go back to your rooms?" Isa asks as she struggles to get space, stuck in between Mirabel and Luisa, Camilo sitting right in front of her.

Dolores smiles as she leans closer to me, placing her hand around my shoulder. "You just wanna be alone with your darling y/n, don't you?" 

I swear, it's like Dolores is asking for a fight. I roll my eyes with a smile. "It'll only be for a little while, Isa. Besides, we rarely get together like this nowadays."

She purses her lips and looks away from me, her brows meeting in annoyance. I hold back a laugh as I look at her in amusement. "Fine." She grumbles.

"So Isa, what did you think of that Mariano guy?" Mirabel asks excitedly out of nowhere. My smile fades at the mention of his name.

"He's fine." She says simply, not an ounce of affection in her tone, hoping the conversation would end immediately.

Camilo shapeshifts into him, taking up even more space with the form and leaning against Isa. "Please, the only one for Isa is..." He says with a smirk then shapeshifts into me. "Yours truly." He says then winks at Isabela.

"Very funny Camilo." I say as I reach out to flick his forehead. He yelps and rubs the sore spot, shapeshifting back into himself.

"Hey! I'm your number one supporter!" He says with a pout, placing his hand on top of his heart. "I'm very hurt."

Luisa smiles. "Stop teasing them Camilo, you're making them shy." She teases along as she looks at me, making me blush.

"And you're wrong. I'm their number one supporter." Dolores says and throws a wink at me, making me bite my lip in embarrassment. Isabela was just watching us, her lips formed in a line, looking displeased.

"We're not like that! Geez." I say with a partly flustered and partly frustrated tone. "Besides, two women? What would people think?" I say with a sarcastic laugh.

"Enough," Isabela says with a scowl, her eyes piercing everyone in the room. "If teasing us is what you're here for, get out."

Silence fills the room till Mirabel decided to start talking about something else, lifting the tension slowly while Isabela and I stayed silent.

Soon enough, they left her room, leaving the two of us alone. I turn to look at her and find her lying down, staring at the ceiling. "Isa, I wanted to give this to you... for your birthday gift." I say with a small smile.

She sits up and accepts the small box. She opens it, revealing a keychain of a butterfly with a smaller sized heart trinket. "It's lovely." She says, finally wearing a smile.

I reflect her smile and show her my own, which is a flower keychain with the same heart trinket, attached to the keys to my studio by the hill. "So, we'll always have each other."