Homesick For You

A/N: OMG whattt 😭 this book has reached #123 in ranking for the wlw tag! Which is out of 19.9k stories 😭 tysm!!

Please continue to support this book! Hope you enjoy this chapter! :))

———————————————————

Isabela's POV:

I've spent the last two weeks hoping to see her. We usually come across one another and yet I haven't gotten a single glance of her at all. It's unusual because she always goes out of her way to meet me.

A part of me feels like it's my fault. I feel bad for lying to her that night, as much as a part of me believes we have a chance. That a relationship between us could be something strong enough to work despite everything that's happening.

And although I'm not a hundred percent sure if she feels the same way as me, I still wouldn't want to drag her into my family's mess. Especially now that Abuela had brought a man into the picture. Not pushing through with my confession was the right choice.

I'd been so distracted with looking for her, even Abuela started to notice. I spent so much time going to our favorite spots every day in hopes of finding her, but she was never there.

I couldn't help but worry something happened to her. I wanted to ask Dolores or Mirabel if they've seen her, but every time we pass by one another, my pride doesn't let me.

I'm her best friend, I should know about these things more than them. And yet here I am, clueless as to where she's been this entire time.

If she wanted to see me, she'd already done it by now. It frustrates me that not having her around makes me feel so homesick.

Falling in love with her had made me realize she's my real home- a home in the shape of a person. And no one could ever make me feel more welcome and more at peace than she does. She's family...

And now she suddenly disappears without a word, not even considering how I'd feel. She hasn't even sent me a single letter, which was still our agreement if either of us were busy.

I let out a breath and try to alleviate my frustration as I feel my face get more strained than usual. I can't let Abuela down, she'd just scolded me. Don't let it show, any flaws or holes in my personality do not exist. I need to keep up my image, perfection Isabela.

"Perfection." I remind myself and raise my head. I push y/n to the back of my mind, hoping I could just get her out and forget her for the rest of the day. I can't let myself get any more distracted.

I start my day as usual, focusing on the newer responsibilities I had for the day while taking the book I showed y/n on the night of my birthday.

I decided to return it to the original owner when I had a bit of time on my hands. Aina, the owner of the paint shop y/n frequently goes to, lent it to me when I saw her looking through it once.

She loved reading such books and searched far and wide for them, always lending them to me when she was done with it.

I decided to drop by after lunch, squeezing just a bit of time to pass by. The bell rings when I enter, and Aina turns to me flushed, along with her girlfriend, Emilia. "Oh, I interrupted something." I say, not asking and stating with confidence rather.

"You didn't-" Aina starts to speak but gets cut off by Emilia pulling her closer by the waist as she sits on the counter, making her stand in between her thighs.

"You did." Emilia says with a smirk as she peppers kisses on the painter's face, making her groan in embarrassment. I laugh as I watch them.

"What a way to rub in how single I am." I say with a smile when I sit next to Emilia on the counter. I slide the book closer to them gently.