The Wolf Will Know

Zane decided to speak to Airini about his dream, hoping she could help him understand.
Unfortunately Airini seemed just as confused.  "I have never heard of the Goddess involving herself with a chosen pairing" Airini admitted "Has your wolf told you who this new mate will be?"
Zane shook his head "He just says he will only know when it is time"
"That is interesting. Though i can only think of a few of the females who would make the replacement, but i cannot point to one exactly"
"Well until my wolf knows we're all in the dark" He sighed before looking up "Should we tell the others about this?"
Airini thought about this for a moment "We shall talk to Councillor Stephen, get his opinion on it"
Zane nodded and contacted his Beta to send Stephen to his office.
Two minutes later there was a knock on the door and Stephen entered.
"Is everything alright?" He asked. After sitting down everything was explained to him. Stephen couldn't believe what he was hearing. To have the Goddess choose a second mate was definitely something that had never happened before.
"Well" He said after gathering his thoughts "That is interesting.  But why would she involve herself in this? No offence Alpha Zane,  but you are not the first Alpha to take on a chosen"
"True" Airini put in "And to have your own mate choose them too seems strange"
A knock on the door interrupted them. After granting entry an male Omega opened the door. "Forgive me Alpha, breakfast will be served in five minutes " Zane thanked the older male and informed him they would join the pack shortly.
Bowing his head, the Omega left the room and gently shut the door.
Stephen was the first to speak. "I think the best option is to speak to the Alphas, let them know about the new development. See what they think, if we should tell others"
Both Zane and Airini agreed, and the three set off for the conversation they were about to have.
At breakfast Zane requested the Alphas to join them in his office, it had been decided that he would talk to them while Stephan informed the council.
After explaining everything the Alphas all reacted differently.
"Perposterous" Alpha Edmund sputtered "Are you seriously telling us that a dream told you who you are to choose?"
"I don't see why not" Alpha Liam spoke up "After all, this is the first time an Alpha has been forced to find a chosen.  Maybe the goddess is unhappy with what was done to Alpha Zane so soon after his lose"
"That would explain why it was his mate that spoke to him then" Alpha Tony pipped in. "By letting him and his wolf know she accepted his chosen, they believed that would help him accept his choice"
Zane agreed, both him and his wolf did feel better knowing Zoe not only accepted her replacement, but had also chosen her.
"And when do we find out who this chosen is?" Asked another Alpha "The gathering is only a few weeks away, will his wolf tell him by then?"
Zane listened to the arguments of the Alphas, but noticed Airini's eyes flickering now and again.
"Peacekeeper" He finally spoke up "Can you help?" He asked. Airini's eyes suddenly shone and her voice spoke. "The new moon.  That is when the wolf will know"
'Well shit' Thought Zane 'That's  only two weeks'