ZOE

The other Alphas were quiet throughout lunch, each contemplating on what happened in the office.
The thought that there was more to the story of the Black Luna than was known was unsettling.
That night everyone to bed contemplating what this would mean now.
Alpha Zane sat on his bed thinking about everything, the Black Luna, his chosen mate, his pack.
"Zoe, Goddess help me" He sent out his prayer before lying down.
Zane opened his eyes to find himself in a clearing in the woods, the sky blue and the sun warm. He felt arms wrap around him and he stiffened. "Why so tense my Alpha love." A voice he recognised anywhere teased. He spun round to see his perfect mate smiling at him. "Zoe" He breathed. He wasted no time and gathered her up in his arms. "Oh Zoe my love, I miss you so much"
"And i watch over you my love" She replied. "I am so proud of you darling" Zane pulled back to stare at her perfect face.
"How can you be proud? You both were barely in the ground and those old fossils decided i had to replace you. I had to agree to their stupid demands" He said both angrily and sadly.
Zoe placed her hand on his stubbled cheek and made him look at her. "The Goddess and i have watched everything love. When the Goddess realised what the council had done she came to me. Don't be angry with us please, but we came up with a plan." Zane frowned "What plan?" He asked.
Zoe sighed "You will always love me and our son, but we have watched everything, we know who would be perfect for you. You will see your heir born, see them grow up and when it is time you will join us." To say Zane was shocked would be an understatement. "But that was never the plan" His voice was shaking. "I know love, but your heir will need you. Your chosen will nurture them and protect the pack, but only their father can teach them to be an Alpha. Your child will need you."
Zane had never thought about that before. ""But what about us? our family?"
Zoe smiled at him "Both David and I will be waiting for you, protecting your new family" Zane's eyes widened, he hadn't named the child, but to hear her using his father's name. It felt right.
He took a steady breath and spoke. "Who have you chosen for me?" He asked. Zoe giggled "Your wolf will let you know when it is time" Zane frowned again and went to ask why he couldn't know now, when Zoe stopped him. "You'll wake up soon love, i can feel it. May i have one last kiss before you leave?"
Zane wasted no time in capturing her lips in a searing kiss.
Her soft lips and the loving way they moved with his was the last thing he felt before his eyes snapped open.