Chapter 133: Engagement, Training

Start from the beginning

Especially some girls, marveling and envying the extravagance. They discussed whose affluent family was arranging an engagement, truly generous.

When the convoy reached the alley where Tao Tao lived, the neighbors all came out to see.

"Oh my god, are these the four major items?"

Four Major Items [四大件] In various contexts, it can refer to different sets of four significant items or elements depending on the specific domain. It may refer to four significant gifts or items symbolizing goodwill and respect. The specific items can vary based on cultural traditions, and the term highlights the importance and completeness of the gift set.

"And all this furniture, this cabinet is huge, and this bed, it takes up a whole car."

"At the beginning, it was just a small car. Whose family is this engaged to? Such a lavish display?"

Because there were so many people around, the cars moved very slowly and finally stopped at the entrance of Tao Tao's home.

The neighbors who were watching were all shocked, their eyes wide open.

Previously, everyone knew that Tao Tao had found a wealthy partner.

But everyone was whispering behind their backs about the conditions in Tao Tao's family—disabled parents and extreme poverty.

Even if Tao Tao is a college student, with her family's condition and her partner's affluent background, his parents would definitely not agree to their marriage. It's possible that the guy is just playing around with Tao Tao; rich people nowadays often do such things.

Now, with this carload of betrothal gifts arriving, the neighbors felt a sting on their faces.

In addition to this, the trunk of the small car was also filled with chicken, duck, fish, various snacks, fruits, cigarettes, and liquor—each item arranged in multiples of auspicious numbers like ten or eight.

When Tao Tao and her parents walked out of the house and saw all these things, they were both stunned in place.

She blinked and looked at Jiang Zhida, asking incredulously, "Why so much?"

Father Tao also waved his hands repeatedly, saying, "Too much, too much."

"Not too much."

Yang Mei approached with a smile, directing Jiang Zhida, Jiang Zhishu, and the other men to carry things into Tao Tao's house.

"I was afraid it wouldn't be enough. Tao Tao is such a good girl, willing to marry my troublesome son. I'm willing to send everything from home here, willingly."

"Aunt..."

Tao Tao's lips moved, her face showing gratitude. She felt the sincere intentions of Jiang Zhida's family towards her.

With her challenging family situation, receiving so many gifts not only meant the engagement but also provided her with support.

In addition to the betrothal gifts, there was also betrothal money, which Tao Tao refused to accept. Father Tao and Mother Tao also waved their hands, declining it.

Jiang Zhida directly took the thick red envelope and put it in Tao Tao's pocket, saying, "Take it, silly or not, my parents gave it to you, so just accept it. This will be your little savings in the future."

Tao Tao looked anxious and wanted to take the money out, saying, "The betrothal gifts are already more than enough; I can't accept this money."

Jiang Zhida pressed her hand to prevent her from taking it out. Yang Mei added, "Tao Tao, it's a tradition to receive betrothal money during the engagement; you can't refuse."