Chapter 132: Happy Resort

Start from the beginning

Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian's room was on the second floor. According to the waiter, the view outside each room's window was different.

Chu Xia handed the luggage to Cen Zhengnian, closed the door, and eagerly ran to the window. She pushed it open and was greeted by a grove of plum trees.

The plum blossoms were in full bloom, hanging gracefully on the branches in shades of pink, pure white, and peach red. They formed a layered and rich floral sea, prompting her to exclaim at its beauty.

Unable to contain her excitement, Chu Xia waved to Cen Zhengnian, "Zhengnian, come over quickly! There's actually a plum grove outside our room. It's so beautiful!"

Cen Zhengnian had just opened his luggage. Hearing her words, he stood up, walked over as indicated by Chu Xia, and saw the blooming plum blossoms outside, making the entire room seem immersed in a sea of plums.

His eyes involuntarily showed a look of admiration, nodding, "White as jade, with a blush like apricots, indeed very beautiful."

Chu Xia held Cen Zhengnian's hand and suddenly asked him, "Do you remember a few poems about plum blossoms?"

Cen Zhengnian, with a smile in his eyes, looked down at her, "Why? Are you testing me?"

Chu Xia looked up at him, raising the corner of her mouth, "Is that not allowed?"

"Of course, it's allowed. How many do you want me to recite? If I manage to recite them all, what reward will you give me?"

Chu Xia thought for a moment, with a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Twenty poems! If you can recite them all, you can ask for any reward you want."

Twenty poems - Chu Xia couldn't even recall that many right now. Since her years of remembering poetry the most were behind her, and she hadn't read much poetry after graduating, apart from a few well-known ones, she couldn't remember the others at all.

She couldn't even recite ten poems, let alone twenty. Therefore, Chu Xia was particularly confident at this moment, believing that Cen Zhengnian wouldn't be able to recite so many.

She lifted her chin, looking at Cen Zhengnian, just waiting for him to lose. She even reminded him, "If you can't recite them, you have to agree to a condition from me."

Cen Zhengnian's smile deepened in his eyes, "Alright. Confirming twenty poems? Do you want to add a few more?"

Chu Xia waved her hand confidently, "No need. I'm not intentionally making it difficult for you. Twenty poems are challenging enough."

Cen Zhengnian glanced at Chu Xia, then looked at the plum blossoms outside, "I'll skip the simpler ones. 'Early Plum Blossoms,' by Xie Xie from the Southern and Northern Dynasties. Blossoming early to greet spring, alone without fearing the cold. Fearing the fall of other flowers, no one cares to look."

"'Plum Blossoms,' by Wei Chan from the Tang Dynasty. Tall trees by the stream, vibrant on low branches through bamboo. Why need peaches and plums when only then can one forget words..."

One after another, Cen Zhengnian's tone was unhurried. Many were poems Chu Xia hadn't heard before. She counted in her heart, her eyes widening more and more.

Especially when Cen Zhengnian reached almost twenty poems without any pause, without even a moment of contemplation. It was as if he had a book in front of him, directly reading from it.

Regret flashed in Chu Xia's eyes. Cen Zhengnian was someone with photographic memory. Why did she think of having him recite poems?

Cen Zhengnian, having recited twenty poems, didn't stop. He continued with five more before finally pausing, smiling at Chu Xia, "Need more? I can give you a way out and let you add a few more."