Chapter 10: Alberto talks to Jake and Luca

It was still evening and Alberto went down to Bucky to talk with Jake. Alberto knocked on the door as Jake opened it. "Hey Alberto, what's up?" Jake asked. "I wanted to talk to you," Alberto told him. Jake motioned him to come inside. "What's going on? The whole town has been searching for Amber and still no sign of her to be honest." Luca said. Alberto understood. The whole kingdom had been looking for Amber ever since she went missing but still nothing came up. "I know Amber is alive, but it's just..." Alberto sighed. "You guys know Amber and I have been dating for a while and it's probably time I...ya know...pop the question to her, heh heh." Alberto chuckled sheepishly. Luca was happy for Alberto. He knew Alberto loved Amber a lot since they'd been living together before Portorosso got destroyed. "That's great and I'm happy for you, but do you have a ring?" Jake asked. Alberto and Luca looked at each other confused. "Ya know, a gift of marriage? Engagement?" Jake told them. Still looking confused, Alberto and Luca watched Jake go into his treasure chest and pulled out a turquoise diamond ring 💍. "It's a little rusty, but I think Amber would like it. Found it while scoping out treasure in Neverland." Jake said. Alberto and Luca were in awe. Then, Alberto grew worried and turned his back. Luca told Jake to give them some time as Jake left, leaving the ring on the table.
"Alberto, what is it?" Luca asked him. Alberto sighed, "What if Amber doesn't return? What if she ran off with someone else and...doesn't love me? Leaving me like my dad did," Alberto teared up. Luca put a hand on Alberto's shoulder. "Hey, Silelnzio Bruno. You have taught me and Amber that from day one. You guys have grown so much together, plus with a boyfriend like you, she'd never leave. Trust me. We'll find Amber and I promise you we'll bring her home, together. Just like in Portorosso." Luca told him. "You mean it?" "Of course I do. When we find her, you can ask her to marry you. I'll help you too." Luca said. Alberto turned around and smiled, hugging his best friend. "Thanks Luca, I appreciate it." Alberto told him. Luca nodded. Alberto yawned, "Better head back to the castle. I think it's time we head to bed." Luca nodded. Alberto took the ring, keeping it in his pocket. The boys thanked Jake and headed back to the castle. Everyone said good night to each other. As Alberto went into Amber's bed, he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.