[10]

It all happened too fast. One second you were confronting a group of fighters, and the next second you were stood on an elevated, circular platform along with the man you had just insulted, surrounded by the entire building.

"Fight, fight!" They all chanted, though it seemed majority, if not all were rooting for your opponent.

To say this offended you would be an understatement. Actually you felt slightly embarrassed, the people were all betting on the "Champion" and so far no one bet any money on you.

You had to sit there, waiting patiently for everyone to finish betting, watching them all walk straight past your name.

"I swear, at this rate I'm gonna make whoever bets on me rich." You mumbled under your breath in frustration.

As an irritated expression slowly made its way onto to your face as the betting phase was soon coming to an end. Your opponent looked at you with the cockiest smirk you'd ever seen, you couldn't wait to break that jaw of his too.

"Not a lot of bets on your name huh?" He snickered, "how does it feel to know no one here has your back?"

"It'll feel great once I beat the shit out of you." You crossed you arms.

"I'd like to see you try." He provoked. "And so would everyone else here, they want to see you fail."

Just as he said those words, the entire arena fell silent, all whispering about something. You turned your head to see what was going on and saw someone had bet on you, double the amount of credit coupons than your opponent's combined.

"Wha..." You couldn't even finish a word because of how shocked you were.

"Twenty thousand credit coupons?!" The organiser yelled.

"No way."

"How could he pour all that money into soneone like her?"

"Guess I'm winning big tonight."

"Maybe I should've bet on her too."

"I mean if Duke believes in her, maybe she is worth betting on."

"What? Why are you all looking at me like that? This is a good investment." A familiar masculine voice announced.

Your eyes locked onto your so called investor, and it wasn't much of a surprise you knew who it was.

You tried, you really tried to stop yourself from laughing at his face once you saw him. Wriothesley had the widest smile anyone could possibly muster while standing with his arms crossed and his head held high, you had to admit it did look cute but absolutely hilarious at the same time.

"Everyone pipe down, the betting period is over." The host yelled, trying to get back on track after the stunt Wriothesley just pulled.

Only after five minutes of pure chatting did everyone slowly quieten.

You physically felt the atmosphere change into one full of suspense as the judge walked onto the ring.

"This match is between the all time famous champion-"

The organiser was cut off by loud cheers for a moment until they died down.

The host cleared this throat. "And uh, what's her name again?" The guy whispered to one if his colleagues which caused a quiet chain of laughing in the crowd. "Ah yes, Y/n."

Silence.

Never in your life had you wanted to beat someone up so bad, you already had a terrible reputation amongst all these people so what is a little punching gonna change?