[02]

"I did it for you, Seiki." You mumbled.

The sound of the wind sweeping across the land blocked at all noise, and there you stood. Tried, worn out, drenched in head to toe of your enemies' blood.

Panting heavily, you tried to hold in your gasps of air. You felt an overflow of strong emotion wash through you as you gripped tightly onto the sword you were holding.

No matter how hard you tried to hold it in from your mouth, your emotions would escape from your body elsewhere, your eyes.

Warm yet painful tears cascaded down your soft cheeks, a stinging reminder no matter how much you cried it would not bring him back. Your brother.

Unforgettable memories of you and him invaded your mind, teasing you with what you had and could've continued to experience. A painless torture, though ironically it hurt you more than any type of physical pain.

Not being able to hold it in anymore, you hopelessly grasped at your shirt as if you were trying to keep your broken heart together, desperately trying to hold onto what you once had before.

But to no avail, soft whimpers unwillingly left your mouth as you sunk to the ground. Hearing yourself cry made your situation all to real.

Dropping your weapon you sobbed quietly, all whilst being surrounded by the dead bodies of your brother's murderers.

Very quickly your sobs turned into loud yelling of frustration, your voice cracked in-between your wheeling as you formed fists with your hands and continuously smashed them against the ground as if the floor was the cause of all your problems.

You felt the lack of presence around you, so with a blotchy face and red eyes, you looked up to scan your surroundings once more and noticed one of the people you attacked was no longer limp on the floor.

He was gone. The man who led and organised the whole thing was gone.

You failed to kill everyone who hurt your brother.

No, you failed to protect him in the first place.

You failed.

Again.

Sat in on the beach far from the main city in Fontaine, you stared at the piece of paper in your hand with dread.

No, you weren't bothered by the fact there was a warrant out for your arrest you expected it but your face, you were visibly cringing at the photo of you what was used.

"The whole world sees me looking like this... what has my life come to?" You talked to your self, a pathetic attempt to feel companied, and a pathetic attempt to cheer yourself up with a joke.

"I swear on my life Seiki, from this day onwards I will stop at nothing to find that scum who cut your life short and do the same, maybe even worse." You cursed under your breath. "I promise you."

A week has passed since a warrant for your arrest had been announced. Unsurprisingly, you were quite good at hiding from the guards and the melusines.

"Ahahahaha!" The hydro archon Furina burst into Neuvillette's office. "Neuvillette what is taking you so long to find one mesely killer? This is getting quite embarrassing for the both of us no?"

"Lady Furina," the white haired man sighed. "I am sure you're aware we have all of our guards on the look out for her, she is no ordinary killer this girl is quite skilled."

"If I, Furina De Fontaine, the glorious Hydro archon Focalors, had the time of course, could catch this murderer in my sleep." She crossed her arms. "The people are losing faith in us!" The god whined, "if we can't even catch one street rat then our citizens obviously won't trust us to take care of the prophecy either."

"I appreciate you raise some good points... however, we are doing all we can right now."

"I know you treat me like your friend but right now, I am also your superior. Let me make things clear, I need this girl caught before things get worse." Furina raised her voice to a more dramatic rather than serious tone.

"I'll try." Neuvillette sighed.

"Good, now I need to get to the Oprah house, toodles!" She waved cheerfully, casually leaving after dumping her responsibilities on the Iudex once again.

"This woman... she's driving me insane." The hydro dragon spoke, as he chatted with the Duke Wriothesley in his office. "I have to catch L/n soon or else Fontaine will be up in flames."

"I'm pretty sure it already is, many criminals have gained confidence because of Y/n's actions and have now started acting out of line. Crime rates are higher than ever, we don't have unlimited space down in the fortress you know." The black haired male chuckled, though he was being completely serious.

"There are more trials than ever, since I have to be at the court whenever a trial is undego I have less time to focused on the more important things, like catching this killer." Neuvillette replied, sipping on the tea his friend brought along with him.

"Do you have a solution for all of this?" The Duke asked.

"Yes actually, if it's not too selfish I would like to ask you to take charge of the search for L/n." The Iudex requested.

"I don't mind, you have a lot on your plate right now so I don't see why not. But I'll need to borrow your eyewitness for questioning once he wakes up." Wriothesley agreed, now standing up from his seat and adjusting his tie.

"I'll tell the melusines I granted you the authority to take him to the interrogation room, make sure he's safe." Neuvillette ordered.

"Of course." He smiled, before exiting the office.