Chapter 219: Virus Outbreak

Academy of Sciences, Software Research Institute.

When the huge area that belonged to the Sunset Empire turned green, the entire control room erupted with excited cheering.

Then, Academician Lin Qu stood up and pulled Li Chengqian to the front of the control room.

His eyes were filled with tears as he picked up the microphone excitedly.

"Comrades, I now announce that the Iceman Project has achieved its goal!"

"The Iceman Project will replace the Sunset domain name administration as the internet's infrastructure."

"From today onwards, we have truly achieved autonomous control of the internet!"

"Our cybersecurity will no longer be threatened!"

Following Academician Lin Qu's speech, the audience applauded again. The applause lasted for a long time. All the researchers who had participated in the Iceman Project clapped as if they wanted to express their 20 years of anticipation, 20 years of struggle, and 20 years of obscurity through this applause.

Academician Lin Qu waited for the researchers to vent for a while before raising his hand to gesture to everyone to stop clapping.

"My fellow comrades, although we have already won a huge victory!"

"But we haven't completely succeeded!"

"We can't be proud and stop here!"

"At the moment, we have just obtained control of the internet. What we have to do next will be even more difficult!"

"That is to guard the domain name server!"

"Only by guarding the domain name server firmly and preventing the enemy from entering can we obtain a true victory!"

Academician Lin Qu's expression gradually turned solemn. The Sunset Empire was caught off guard by the Doomsday Extortion Virus. In addition, because they had not used the Divine Dragon System previously, they didn't have the power to fight back the virus this time.

Once the multinational corporations in the Sunset Empire had some time to find their footing and to consolidate their wealth of resources, they would definitely be able to catch up quickly.

Therefore, now was not the time to be proud, nor was it the time to celebrate.

Everyone's expressions became serious again because of Academician Lin Qu's words.

At this moment, Academician Lin Qu continued.

"It is all thanks to your 20 years of hard work that our Iceman Project has been able to achieve this stage of success! In the past 20 years, we have accumulated a lot of expertise on domain name servers and have also developed a lot of advanced technologies."

"We have developed a most comprehensive and superior domain name and IP management system, together with the relevant software."

At this moment, Academician Lin Qu pointed at Li Chengqian.

"However, the most important reason why the Iceman Project was successful this time is because of Li Chengqian! The person who needs to be thanked the most is Li Chengqian!"

"It's the Divine Dragon System developed by Li Chengqian that gave the Iceman Project a chance to take off."

"Actually, Li Chengqian had many options! If he chooses to cooperate with the Sunset Empire's domain name management organization, he will definitely be able to obtain more benefits! It can even be said that as long as Li Chengqian names his terms, the Sunset Empire will definitely satisfy any of his requests."