Welcome To Hogwarts

"Firs' years, ov'r here!" Calls out the most ginormous man Celete's ever seen. "Four teh a boat, hurry on!"

Celeste grabs Phoebe's hand and drags her to a boat, the dirty-blonde frantically holding on to her robes. Inside Phoebe's robes are Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start Fireworks.

The two girls are whispering the final details of Celeste's plan when a familiar pair of red-headed boys and a new boy with brown skin and black dreadlocks approach them.

"Room for three more?" One of the twins– Fred, she thinks– asks with his ever-present smirk on his face.

"Four to a-" Phoebe gets cut off by her friend.

"Why not?" Celeste smiles, inviting the boys on board.

The boys get on, the boat sinking a little as the final boy, whose name Celeste doesn't know, gets on. Celeste smirks. Perfect.

The boats, being pulled by magic, begin to float towards the castle. It's quite the beautiful scene, really. If Celeste wasn't trying to tarnish the Malfoy name, she might've just enjoyed it and sat in peace, learning about her new friends. But, because Celeste is out to tarnish the Malfoy name, she smirks at everyone on her boat.

"Can everybody here swim?"

The boys all nod in confusion, wondering where this is going.

"Wonderful," the blonde girl smiles before casting a temporary incantation for strength upon herself.

The boys don't have a chance to ask what she's doing before Celeste tips the boat, sending them all splashing into the Black Lake.

Right before this, Phoebe had discreetly let the fireworks out of her robes so that she wouldn't get hurt when they exploded.

The five soaked eleven-year-olds watch in amazement as the sky is suddenly lit up with exploding lights. The fireworks start to move, depicting all of the Hogwarts house mascots dancing around a fire, before exploding into the finale, sending sparkles raining down.

"Bloody hell, did you do that?" George, she thinks, asks Celeste.

"How could I?" The girl feigns innocence. "I was busy falling into the lake."

Fred just stares at the girl in awe.

"The boat must have collapsed under the weight of five of us," Phoebe explains, snobbily. "I guess that four-to-a-boat rule was there for a reason."

George looks at her, surprised. He didn't think she'd be in on it. She seems a lot less fun than Celeste.

The third boy starts laughing, entirely entertained. "I'm Lee Jordan," he introduces himself to the blondes, extending his hand out for a handshake while still treading water.

Phoebe rolls her eyes and refuses to shake the boy's hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Lee," Celeste acknowledges the boy warmly, shaking his hand.

"We don't get to know her name," Fred begins explaining.

"—Until the sorting," George ends the explanation.

Away from the group's conversation, the other first years had been watching in astonishment. One, because the show was beautiful. Two, because someone managed to set off fireworks, and no one was quite sure who it was because they didn't leave a trace. The fireworks just showed up, traillessly, into the night sky.

The five begin to swim the rest of the way to the castle, not bothering to wait for assistance. Celeste mutters a temporary incantation to make them go faster. She'd prepared for any possible scenario, including one in which her boat-mates didn't know how to swim. She'd memorized a flotation charm.