Everything Stays

I gasp, jerking awake. I'm in the hospital again.

Guess they found me despite all that snow..

I'm hooked up to a bajillion machines like last time, but I don't pay any mind to that. I need to know if they made it out alright. I begin tugging on the IV drips and whatnot attached to me. But of course, i'm way too loud and a nurse barges into the room.

"They're awake!" She calls, which leads to a few more staff coming in.

I sit up, but am told to sit back down and relax. I roll my eyes secretly and do as told, eager to get out and do what I need to do.

She begins chattering about what happened in the past week or so, specifically about my little coma and being found in the snow. Well, that is until a woman i'm certain I know practically kicks the door down.

"Y/N?" She says, her voice trembling as she widens her eyes at me.

"Mom." I stare, and she immediately runs around all of the nurses and doctors to hug me.

I hug back. To be honest, while I was in the digital circus, I forgot I even had a mom.

To her surprise, I pull away and look back at the nurse.

"When can I leave?" I ask impatiently, still kind of tugging on the equipment.

"We're gonna keep you here for at least three more days to try and figure out what happened to you." She answers, and I almost laugh. I know what happened, because i'm the one who EXPERIENCED it, but i'd just be sent to a mental hospital if I told her.

I sigh.

"I brought your phone. I didn't bring any books or board games for you to keep yourself busy, so I just figured to bring you that." My mom tells me, handing me my phone.

Wait, I can try and find them on the internet! Genius!

I thank her and the nurse shoos everybody out of the room, saying I need rest.

I enter in my password, going to my social media. I'm kind of worried they don't have the app or phone like I do, but at least some of them will, right?

I begin typing, impatient.

Hey, I don't want to type a lot so i'll just write three words. Digital Circus, anybody?

I know it was a really lazy message, but again, people would think i'm crazy if I went into detail about seeing if anyone escaped from a place called The Digital Circus.

I get comfortable in my hospital bed, leaving it at that. They either respond or they don't, right?

*          *          *          *         *           *         *       *

It's been a few days. I've been discharged from the hospital, and guess what?

Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY from the Digital Circus somehow found my post!! To make sure they weren't just some trollers thinking they were fuelling my insanity, I asked them who they were.

I got the answers I was expecting. All of their names. Except Bubble. When I first came, Jax mentioned NPCs and I figured they were one because of their behavior. Oh well.

Anyways, we all decided to take a flight to meet each other, and guess what?? I said guess what two times already, but whatever..

Zooble agreed to meet us, despite what they said before we all left the Digital Circus.

And now, in the present, is me packing a suitcase. We all agreed on staying quite a few days in the location to kind of just hang out because we all lived pretty far away from one another.

I couldn't sleep last night because the flight is today. I get to my destination the same day, so that means I meet them all in real life TODAY!!

I'm not going to explain it in great detail, but basically, I get to the airport, get to my gate, take the flight, arrive, and practically SPRINT to parking. Ragatha offered to let us stay at her house, so she's picking us all up.

And one thing.. I know I double checked with them all to make sure they were actually them, but i'm still super anxious that I bought my ticket for nothing and this is just one big scam.

Out of breath, I stand in the designated meeting spot, and.. I meet them all after a few minutes of waiting.

Jax is freakishly tall like usual, Kinger still kind of looks deranged, NO OFFENSE, Zooble still looks moody, Caine.. Looks like.. Caine. Everybody, well, mostly everybody looks like their Digital Circus avatar.

We all stand there for quite awhile, just talking before getting in Ragatha's car. Zooble sits in the front passenger seat with Ragatha in the driver's, I sit in the middle of Gangle and Kinger in the back, and Caine, Pomni and Jax sit at our feet because spoiler alert: Ragatha doesn't have a limo and there isn't enough space for all of us.

The few days seem so short and we all have a good time together. My relationship with Jax improves, and he's even managed to get me to pull pranks with him.

In the end, everything worked out, I got to meet Kinger's wife, and let me tell you, she feels like the sister I never had. We've all been flying to Ragatha's house every few months to meet up with each other again!

Though, none of us are probably ever gonna tell anyone about what actually happened with the headset. It's just gonna be a secret we all take to our graves. And speaking of the headset, I smashed it with a sledge hammer and threw it away.

That thing is never gonna see the light again.

*         *          *          *          *          *         *       *

I'm happy (and also sad) to announce that this series is now FINISHED! I can't believe how many reads it got and am in awe. Thank you all SO MUCH for your support, comments, follows and encouragement! I couldn't have done it without you guys, especially when I was at my lowest and just wanted to cancel the series altogether because of my lack of motivation. Thank you all so much for reading this, thank you for coming to the show :)