Chapter 8 | "what a plot twist"

Start from the beginning

"You can start the movie if you want too." I say preparing the popcorn.

She doesn't say anything nor puts on the movie. Before I could think of anything else she appears  behind me.

"What are you cookin'?" She says in an accent putting her head on my shoulder once again.

Oh fuck.

"Popcorn..." I respond slowly, not giving in to her.

Is she a witch? Why is she putting a spell on me like that?

"Sweet popcorn right?" She says slowly and I nod. "Of course, it's your favorite." I clutch my eyes shut. See, a spell on me.

"You remembered." I look at her and she smiles at me, a tiny blush appearing on her light skinned face.

"Always." I whisper in a really low tone that I'm sure she didn't listen.

Until I feel her lips on my left cheek.

No, no, no, no! Retreat, I repeat, retreat!

She removes her lips from my cheek and goes back to the couch, humming a christmas song.

I feel my face getting red as a tomato. Not again.

I shrug, focusing on preparing the popcorn and nothing else.

This girl is a witch. That's the only possibility.

I pick two popcorn buckets, one of unicorns and the other of ballerinas. I place the popcorn in each one and head towards the couch.

Bonnie looks up from her phone and looks straight at the buckets.

She holds back a laugh. "Wow, didn't know you liked unicorns and ballerinas Peter West." She giggles and I feel something in my chest, more like a really loud pounding.

"Well, I am a man full of surprises." I feel my mouth moving faster than my brain and only later I realize what I've said.

But that smile. Hell, I can't ruin that smile.

"I'm joking, these were my sister's buckets but she left them here." Bonnie's smile grows widder as she pictures her. "Amy! Oh my god! I'm so excited to see her! She must be all grown up now!" I smile at her reaction.

"In terms, yes." She laughs at my answer. "So, unicorn or ballerina?" I ask, trying to seem serious but that unfortunately doesn't work.

"Ballerina." I hand her the ballerina bucket and keep the unicorn one to myself.

Then we start the movie.

'THE END.' The letters appeared brightly on the big screen.

"Come on Bonnie is probably over eleven now—" I stop myself from finishing the sentence when I see her sleeping peacefully next to me with her head softly touching my shoulder.

Another big thud in my chest. I shrug it off while I slowly position her comfortably on the couch.

I really wanted her to sleep in my bed and I would sleep on the couch, but she insisted on sleeping here that I knew I couldn't even argue with her.

Trust me when I say your biggest mistake of your life would be to argue with Bonnie Perkins.

I put her covers halfway up her body until I stop and wonder.

I can't do this to her. The couch is really uncomfortable and the living room is really cold at night. I take off her covers and gently pick her up like a baby.

Wow she's as light as a feather.

Then, I place her slowly into the right side of my bed and tuck her in the cozy sheets.

I can't help but smile at the beauty in front of me.

God, I should have done this sooner.

I then tuck myself in my part of the bed and turn my back to her. It's only for one night, and one night only.

I close my eyes trying to go to sleep until I feel a hand on my back, hugging me.

"You're the best Peter West."

꒦꒷꒷꒦

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

꒦꒷꒷꒦

Cute I know.
Just a little treat for you guys to see what's Peter's thinkin' 🤭
*laughs maniacally*
As you can see he curses a lot. 🙄💅

my social media:
Instagram: @gabislbrary
TikTok: @gabilpcv