Chapter 8 | "what a plot twist"

Peter

I open the door and spot Bonnie with her naked back to me and only a small towel wrapped around her body

I open the door and spot Bonnie with her naked back to me and only a small towel wrapped around her body. Oh fuck.

"H—Hi." She stutters, looking at me.

I clench my fist, not being able to control myself then I see her eyes move exactly to my hands and a small frown appears on her face. She noticed.

"I'm so, so sorry, I was just gon— gonna get my pajamas cus' I forgot them here." I shut my eyes. fuck, fuck, fuck. Control yourself Peter West.

Not waiting for my answer, she picks up her clothes and storms out of my room.

I exhale deeply, leaning my head on the wall.

Why me? Why did you have to do this to me? I grumble, going back to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Oh god Bonnie why? Why the hell did you have to forget your things here?

You're making it so much harder to forget about you.

I calm myself down  while brushing my blonde hair.

That woman doesn't know what she does to me. And I wanna kick her out of here for that.

I had done such a good job to forget about her in the last five years after that she broke my heart and now she's back in town looking as beautiful and happier as ever.

And on Christmas, Christmas! Our favorite holiday. The one which brings back all those memories.

I sigh, putting a hand to my head.

I wish she knew how I really felt for her.

I calm myself down once more, taking a big breath in and out. I don't deserve such a beautiful warm hearted girl.

She deserves someone so much better.

And here I am catching feelings for her once again after promising myself I would not fall for her again.

What a plot twist.

I leave my bedroom and find herself seated on my couch with the TV remote in her hand as she focusedly chooses a movie for us to watch.  So beautiful.

I admire her for a while until the wooden floor creaks and she turns her head to look at me and she gives me one of those big (and typical) Bonnie's smiles.

"Oh hey there Peter." from the tone of her voice, I can see that she is trying her hardest to forget about what happened in my room.

"Hey," I whisper softly, going to the kitchen to prepare us some popcorn. "So what are we watching?" I ask, breaking the small silence.

"You choose, The Grinch or Home Alone?" She tilts her head looking at me.

God, not the tilt.

"Um," I clear my throat, zoaning back to the real world. "The Grinch." She smiles and whispers a small; "Yes." and that makes me smile back at her.